Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any false tans / summer glow lotions safe in pregnancy

(7 Posts)
JanieLovesLuckySocks Wed 22-May-13 10:10:10

Hi there,
Just that really! I've read that false tans can be dangerous in pregnancy, I'm currently 13+5 but heading on holiday soon and would love to have a bit of a glow before i head off. Wondering if maybe the Dove or Johnson's moisturisers with tan in might be safe?
Thanks in advance
x

Kelly1814 Wed 22-May-13 10:18:13

never heard of fake tan being dangerous, as such, i'm getting spray tanned every week (20 weeks pregnant an dlive in a hot country where required to be in bikini every weekend!)

islingtongirl Wed 22-May-13 10:24:56

I've read fake tan that you apply yourself is fine as it only absorbs into the top few layers of your skin so the various chemicals etc don't get into your bloodstream. Tbh I didn't use during first tri but not really consciously. Just been on hols and used the dove one every other day. I think they only don't recommend spray tans more due to the fact you can breathe in the spray and they don't really know what effect the chemicals have on developing baby, however don't think any proven links etc have been made.

Rockchick1984 Wed 22-May-13 10:28:20

They are all safe however your skin reacts differently during pregnancy and there's a risk it could go green grin so try a small area first to make sure it goes brown on you.

islingtongirl Wed 22-May-13 10:33:51

Ah yes, I forgot about that and slathered on the dove then thought oh god, what if break out in huge red welts etc! Luckily I didn't but good advice!

JanieLovesLuckySocks Wed 22-May-13 10:36:51

ah thanks girls, great advice smile spray tans are pretty good before holidays but might stick to the lotion ones just to be on the safe side - but try on a hidden area first in case i look like princess fiona from shrek!!

islingtongirl Wed 22-May-13 10:45:12

You could always get it applied for you at a salon rather than spray (and pop in for a tester first). That way you might get more/better coverage than doing yourself. Enjoy your hols!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now