Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tmi alert- what does a show look like?

(7 Posts)
PeppaPigStinks Wed 22-May-13 08:43:25

I have just been to the toilet and had what can only be described as what look like 'green snot' about the size if a ten pence piece!

I have been getting bh for weeks on end and am 33+3.

This is my second pregnancy.

Does this sound like a show- should icall gp or midwife?!?

smile

LalyRawr Wed 22-May-13 08:45:18

It could be a show, I wouldn't know as mine was mainly blood! (cue freak out rush to hospital at 2am, only to be told its a show, no one mentioned blood to me!)

My midwife said there is no need to call for a show. Just mention it at your next appointment.

2cats2many Wed 22-May-13 08:46:03

It looks like part of it, but the real thing was bigger in my labour and was like the palm of my hand. There was loads of it.

Are you having any contractions?

beckie90 Wed 22-May-13 08:51:37

Hey, yes sounds like abit of mucus plug, mines the exact same.

It doesn't sound like you have lost a great deal though as it can come away in bits and it reforms again, I was loosing mine 10wks before birth with ds2 and nearly 29wks with ds3 now and loosing it in bits again. I would be concerned if it had any blood in it?

But to be on the safe side and that everyone is different, id ring midwife just to inform her cause obviously when it starts to come away it does usually mean cervix is making some changes, so she may just want to have a check nothing too drastic is happening seen as your still pre term.

Also she might just want to check for infection seen as its green, thats what they insisted on with me during ds2 pregnancy cause they was telling me it shouldn't be green smile but plenty of peoples are xx

PeppaPigStinks Wed 22-May-13 08:55:55

Thank you! I have been getting tightenings regularly but not painful ones- tbh I have had so many I don't pay attention any more. And woke in the night with bak ache.
Thanks again

Forgetfulmog Wed 22-May-13 08:57:38

I was told in an antenatal class that a show "is flickable" shock

PeppaPigStinks Wed 22-May-13 15:15:46

I've just got home from monitoring and just escaped staying in over night after a positive fibroctin (sp?) test and a injection of steroids for baby's lungs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now