Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second trimester fatigue?

(6 Posts)
Peregrin Tue 21-May-13 23:38:33

Hello MNers,

I am at 21+3 and feeling more knackered than I was during the first trimester - when I was working intensive and long days on top of being, you know, in the first trimester. The work has eased up but my energy levels have just plummeted (as has my motivation to get anything done). I could sleep for 10 hours and take two more naps during the day and still get tired from ironing one outfit. I took it very easy on Sunday and still had to lie down for 15 minutes in the middle of cooking dinner to recover a bit.

Isn't this the time when I am supposed to be bouncing off the walls?

I don't know about my iron levels but I am getting frequent blood tests so I'd assume someone is checking for that. (I am not currently living in the UK.) I am not eating a great deal of red meat as have no appetite for it but I am trying to eat enough protein and other good stuff and take my prenatal vitamins every day.

I saw my ob-gyn today but I received some good news which made me forget completely to ask about this. Anyone here who also wished in their second trimester tha they could just sleep uninterrupted for a couple of months?

hydeyhi91 Tue 21-May-13 23:56:20

YESS!
i heard the first trimester was the worst; sickness, tiredness, hormones all over the place, but i found the opposite! Didnt even know i was pregnant til about 8 weeks, no symptoms at all
2nd trimester i felt horrendous! I slept an insane amount and couldnt get through the day without a nap in between!
im at 31+1 now and im only just starting to get some energy back smile
Dont worry, all my blood tests were fine too, pregnancy just affects people in different ways!
hope you feel better soon

123yipee Wed 22-May-13 01:06:17

I'm exactly the same too, 20w+4 and exhausted. All I want to do is lay in bed, which is not like me at all as I'm normally very active and motivated to do stuff. Had a 2hr nap with DS1 today and still in bed by 7.30pm!

I have no appetite full stop, never feel hungry but am still trying to eat proper meals.

Excited85 Wed 22-May-13 06:34:39

Yep, 18&5 and looks like the tiredness is back. Really struggling at work this week to not fall asleep at my desk and with an hourly commute each way have nearly nodded off at the wheel which scared the life out of me. I'm coming home, eating then heading to bed to start all over again the next day and have no idea how I'll manage if this stays as it is. I feel your pain!!!

Peregrin Wed 22-May-13 10:41:51

Thank you for posting, fellow travellers! I have the day off today and have only been up for three hours, but I might go and take a nap now...

Boosiehs Wed 22-May-13 17:27:29

Yep - stonkingly tired. I could sleep all day! 26+6

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now