Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone know what pushchair this is?

(11 Posts)
ohnoudidnt Tue 21-May-13 19:47:31

I have found out today that I am pregnant smile I am starting to make a list of everything we need.....
A few years back I was picking dd up from school and I saw a mum take her baby out of the car in a car seat and then put the car seat straight onto a pushchair frame? It looked so quick and easy and was just wondering if anyone could help with the brand of it?

RandomMess Tue 21-May-13 19:48:50

There are loads of them...

Just look for a travel system

MrsHelsBels74 Tue 21-May-13 19:50:50

Lots of pushchair chassis are compatible with car seats. We have a Quinny Buzz which we use with a maxi cosi car seat. Works really well but I don't like the Quinny with the bigger seat so we're selling ours!

MrsHelsBels74 Tue 21-May-13 19:51:10

Congrats on the pregnancy btw.

ohnoudidnt Tue 21-May-13 19:53:00

Thank you MrsH!

Bunnylion Tue 21-May-13 19:55:17

Stokke xplorer is one.

Awakeagain Tue 21-May-13 19:57:59

We have the oyster
Can have maxi cozi or britax car seat to clip straight into the frame
Think I candy does too

Congrats also grin

ilikesweetpeas Tue 21-May-13 20:04:13

Silver cross do one, you get a pushchair frame, car seat and carrycot which converts to a toddler seat. Congratulations! Go to mothercare, you will probably be amazed by the choice

pizzaqueen Tue 21-May-13 20:04:41

It's called a travel system. Most prams will do this (but not the little travel stroller types).

Go into Mothercare and look at a few.

You get all sorts of options:
- carrycot (that's the lie down part for small baby up to 4-6 months)
- then they move into a seat unit and you probably want it so it can face towards you (parent facing) or away from you
- they'll be in the little car seat that clips on until around a year old but really only until 5 months old I clipped it on because it got way to heavy to lift him in it

It's not advised for babies to spend long periods in a car seat though because its not good for their back and hips so this shouldn't be your only option for transporting baby.

I had a quinny buzz and will be using it again for no2 but as others have said there are lots of options.

Let us know what you pick. Read reviews and take them for a test run round the shop.

ohnoudidnt Tue 21-May-13 20:06:55

Thank you all so much...its been 10 years since last baby so I need to get with it!... with the new styles!
Thanks againsmile

FoofFighter Tue 21-May-13 20:48:45

Quinny Zapp?

Just be aware of the safety advice for using travel systems as your main buggy, they shouldn't be in them for too long at all (no more than 2hrs apparently although I think even this is too long really), and factor in the driving time to this too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now