Talk

Advanced search

Sharp pain down below....TMI!

(4 Posts)
fruitypie Tue 21-May-13 16:21:41

I'm 33+3 with my first and for the past couple of days I've been getting a sharp slightly stabbing pain down my foof. Ive been getting it occasionally but just wondering if its normal?? I thought perhaps it could be baby moving further down but surely that cant be happening already?? So confused!!

MimsyBorogroves Tue 21-May-13 16:28:23

I've had this with both pregnancies - sort of the sensation of someone stabbing you in the cervix?

I think it's fairly common, and nothing to worry about - but obviously if you're worried (or if it is going on for a period of time rather than just once or twice occasionally) then have a word with your midwife.

monikar Tue 21-May-13 16:44:21

I had this when the head engaged. The midwife said it was due to the baby moving but as the head was fixed the movements would be felt like these sharp quick pains.I would usually feel it when I was standing doing something like the washing up. For me, it continued until delivery but I did get used to it.

Hth.

shelly81 Tue 21-May-13 17:30:05

Lightening crotch grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now