Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby movement!!

(18 Posts)
LandsN Tue 21-May-13 12:50:19

I am 17+1 and have felt the baby move quite a bit over the last week fluttering a here and there but as this is my 3rd child I know that is what it is BUT I have not felt anything for the last 24 hours I had midwife appointment last week and the listened to the heartbeat and it was fine but I am feeling really worried now has anybody else had this or am I right to panic just don't want to look like a fool as I know the baby is still small and it is sometimes hard to feel anyway thanks for any advice given x

HumphreyCobbler Tue 21-May-13 12:52:09

I have been having this worry today and just felt some movement. I think it is worth remembering that they are still v small and feeling movement is not a given, especially if they are facing in iyswim.

Having said all that, you won't look like a fool. Speak to your midwife if you want her to check you out.

ShowOfHands Tue 21-May-13 12:57:34

At that stage you'd expect to have periods where you can't feel them because they're so small and can tuck away where it's impossible to feel them. I was always told that it was only after about 25 weeks that patterns of movement should be noted and certainly before 20 weeks you should expect no pattern and days where you feel nothing.

All that said, if you're worried, ring your midwife. smile

Fakebook Tue 21-May-13 13:09:32

I'm also pregnant with dc3 and am 16 weeks tomorrow. I've been feeling little taps since week 11 but have days where I don't feel anything at all because its so early, they can move about and hide very easily. You could try having a sweet drink and laying down to see if you feel anything. My baby always stays to the right and taps when I'm bending over for a longish period. You could try that too. Otherwise, definitely call the midwife for advice, maybe she can call you in to check with a Doppler.

LandsN Tue 21-May-13 13:10:49

Thank you I did think that that could be the case but its been 9 years since I had my dd and really can't remember anymore lol I know my midwife is really good and understand my paranoia as I have had 3 mcs since my dd just she is not at my surgery again till Friday so it would mean having to see her elsewhere but think I will give her a call just to be sure thanks again x

AnythingNotEverything Tue 21-May-13 13:13:38

I'm in a similar boat - almost 19 weeks with dc2 and baby is really quiet. I was feeling regular movement until my bump lifted at about 16 weeks.

Lots of Internet research has reassured me not to worry, but I know it's not easy. I think he/she is just hidden away inside.

The funny thing is, every few day is gets huge karate style kick as if to remind me that I'm pregnant. As if the hugeness of me isn't enough!

Fakebook Tue 21-May-13 13:14:29

Even if you can't get hold of the midwife, I'm pretty sure the GP can call you in just for a quick check over and also you can check and see if there any midwives available at your local sure start centres. They have drop-in appointments where I live.

LandsN Tue 21-May-13 13:17:32

It's funny you should say about bump lifting cos that was another thing I was worried about today I didn't feel as fat but think it could have just risen as have felt very low until now but still felt nothing yet with regards to movement mind u I had a whole half hour scan a few weeks ago and he was asleep lol and no matter how much she poked and prodded he was not waking up to have his picture taken probably saving his energy for when he is in the big wide world haha x

LandsN Tue 21-May-13 13:19:37

Thanks Fakebook forgot about them I am sure there is one at the end of my road x

roofio87 Tue 21-May-13 17:04:15

I'm 20+4 and feel quite a lot of movement, but at my scan yesterday I could see him kicking and punching towards my back but couldn't feel it at all so iy definitely depends on their position this early on!! glad things are going well for you landsN

LandsN Tue 21-May-13 20:04:24

I did think that about my scan I had at 16 weeks roofio just so paranoid but yes it seems to be going well so far thank you x

kd83 Wed 22-May-13 09:22:02

pleased to be able to read this thread. i am 20 wks tomorrow with first baby and have been feeling movement off and on. there was a lot of movement at the weekend and my OH could even put his hand on my tummy and feel the wriggling around, but yesterday and this morning has been very quiet.

I know there are quiet periods but its really hard not to be paranoid and assume it means something is wrong. Its very reassuring to hear others feel the same way. Thanks for the reassurance ladies.

LandsN Wed 22-May-13 10:10:38

I am not sure now if I can feel any movement or I am just imagining it because I want to feel it !! I am going to speak to my midwife today as I looked it up and she has a clinic later today so will ask her to have a little listen to be sure thanks for all your replies x

Fakebook Wed 22-May-13 10:54:14

Glad you've got the midwife appointment, hopefully she'll put your mind at ease. Tbh, I thought I was imagining the movement too because ever since I've had dc1 I get phantom pregnancy kicks even when I'm not pregnant , so it's easy for me to misjudge. but my "kicks" are always low down on the right hand side and that's where the sonographer aimed the probe at all my early scans so I'm sure it's the baby.

FoofFighter Wed 22-May-13 12:11:36

At my 21 week scan the baby was moving a lot and i could't feel half of it, despite me feeling very regular movements!

LandsN Wed 22-May-13 13:55:32

Just had about 5 mins of definite kicking so feeling better now don't think he liked my arm resting on my belly lol smile xx

Boosiehs Wed 22-May-13 17:24:29

I had a check-up as I fell over a couple of weeks ago. The MW was listening to the heartbeat and saying - can you feel that? And I couldn't feel a thing!

I'm 26+6 today and I can feel definite kicks - more so now - but I never really felt the fluttery kicks.

LandsN Fri 24-May-13 20:37:29

I am sure baby is moving a lot now so feel a lot better just need to shift the insomnia now and I will be fine lol x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now