Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period type pain and twinges at 38+1, 2nd baby

(6 Posts)
mel191187 Tue 21-May-13 12:00:13

Looking for some advice. I'm 38 weeks yesterday and for about 3 days now I've been getting period type aches and sharp twinges in my lower stomach also feel like the baby is pushing down. I was induced with my 1st at 41 weeks so this is completely different. The pains are not really regular but they are getting stronger. Wondering if these are Braxton hicks cos I didn't have them with my first. X

lookingfoxy Tue 21-May-13 12:06:22

No advice but also watching, I'm 36 weeks with my 2nd and getting the same. Baby so low it feels like its going to drop out!!
I wasn't induced with first though had him at 40 + 8.
I had some really sharp twinges last night just around bladder area.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Tue 21-May-13 12:36:19

Me too. 35 weeks.

I had similar for a couple of weeks before my waters broke just past my due date last time.

The contractions last time were really sharp from the off.

Lots of women talk of 2nd being easier...fingers crossed for us all.

shelly81 Tue 21-May-13 12:38:11

Sorry ladies I've been gettin this for weeks currently 40+3 xx

mel191187 Tue 21-May-13 14:43:13

Oh maybe it's a false alarm then. Got a feeling I'm gonna go overdue anyway

Needalifeagain Tue 21-May-13 14:48:50

37 weeks today and similar. Think mucous plug gone too. Had EMCS last time after long labour so hoping for VBAC this time.
Panicking as all my childcare options for DD1 seem to be away for bank holiday weekend!!
I know most likely to go overdue though..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now