Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Never had a nose bleed before in my life and one has come on at 37 weeks

(9 Posts)
Newtobecomingamum Tue 21-May-13 07:38:30

Hi, oh gosh the blood! Making me feel so faint, is this normal, had anyone else experienced this? I have really good blood pressure and no health problems. Any advice please.

WentOnABearHunt Tue 21-May-13 08:21:58

The extra circulating blood volume you have during pregnancy makes the delicate membranes of your nose friable and more likely to bleed smile if your worried ring your midwife smile

DaveMccave Tue 21-May-13 08:23:25

Yes normal! I'd never had one either, but have had 3 or 4 this pregnancy. (2nd pg) very odd!

Newtobecomingamum Tue 21-May-13 08:42:09

Thanks for responding, it's stopped now thank goodness! Ive been looking on the net and you guys are right can be quite common in pregnancy. Feel so much better now! So reassuring that you hear/learn from other peoples experiences! Many thanks

Teaandflapjacks Tue 21-May-13 09:41:54

I had have a fair few - normally first thing in the morning for some reason, and they don't last long. Does freak you out though! Hope you feel better now x

livingdownunder Tue 21-May-13 09:47:53

Yes I've had loads all through, it became a bit of a joke.
Seems to have calmed down now at 34weeks. smile

Try not to panic.

Newtobecomingamum Tue 21-May-13 10:45:11

Thanks everyone : )

Lydia161290 Tue 21-May-13 13:32:53

Don't get nosebleeds, but i've had two so far in this pregnancy! I'm 30 + 5

2Labradors Tue 21-May-13 17:47:20

I only ever get nosebleeds when I'm pregnant.

My 1st pregnancy I had one at about 36 weeks and it wouldn't stop.

Happened about the same stage in my 2nd pregnancy.

With this pregnancy I got one a few days before my BFP. Should have known I was pregnant from that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now