Talk

Advanced search

Confused... New advice about reducing cot death .. Have hired NCT bednest

(8 Posts)
Newtobecomingamum Tue 21-May-13 07:17:10

Hi, I have just been watching the news and they are saying that babies should not share beds with their patents and the safest place for babies to sleep should be in their cot or Moses basket in the same room. I have just hired an NCT bednest that attached on the side to the bed ready for baby when he is born. Is this now dangerous? I'm really confused

MummyWeatherwax Tue 21-May-13 07:19:23

There are threads going on this in Chat and Sleep, might have opinions for you.

See you there!

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 21-May-13 08:58:01

I believe the report refers to them sleeping in the bed with you rather than on the side but yes pop along to the threads already going.

badguider Tue 21-May-13 09:02:05

I'm going to hire a bednest beacuse I don't think that's the same as co-sleeping and I don't trust myself to co-sleep.

Cravingcoffee Tue 21-May-13 13:09:49

Hi
Bed sharing is the same as co- sleeping and is what the report today refers to. The Nct Bednest is a bedside crib which gives you all the benefits of being close to your baby but is SAFE because baby has their own space. Baby does not co- sleep with you.It's amazing- seeing your baby next to you, bring able to touch them and comfort them really quickly. Was only option for us as we didn't want to co- sleep either but wanted baby close.

mumoftwoboysS Tue 21-May-13 13:35:06

I've just looked up the bednest and it sounds great. Now just have to persuade hubby to buy or hire it! I just hated the constant jumping out of bed to soothe or feed baby in the first few months.

I wonder if baby will end up being more contented (and therefore more settled and mum more rested/happier!) as they're not shut off in a basket and can see/feel you if need be?

lollypopsicle Tue 21-May-13 13:44:59

I've got a bed nest too for when LO finally gets here. If you look on the website, they link to the latest advice and it makes it explicitly says that the bed nest is safe and inline with current advice.

pumpkinsweetie Tue 21-May-13 16:11:39

I can't fathom why it would be dangerous as the baby is in a separate space to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now