Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I pregnant?? Head all over the place...

(9 Posts)
HandOfTheKing Mon 20-May-13 20:49:49

Hoping someone objective can shed some light as my head is all befuddled.

I have really irregular periods (cycle of 68 days last time). Been feeling 'pregnant' for the last week or so and got a faint bfp last Thursday. Same again Friday morning but then period started so figured that was that.

But, I'm still getting bfps on tests and they seem to be getting darker. Am I a medical marvel or is it just going to gradually go away again.

Feeling sad but want to know one way or another - can't see how I can be pregnant but those tests give me hope!

Gonnabmummy Mon 20-May-13 20:54:32

You should contact your gp, with your cycles being so irregular you really can't pinpoint how far you could be. False positives only happen if faulty test which is very rare I believe. Is your period as normal? Or light? Could it be implantation bleeding x

ditsydoll Mon 20-May-13 21:16:30

I would contact gp, they will more than likely offer you an early scan to check if everything is ok.
I had bleeding in early pregnancy with this one, although not as heavy as my regular period. I'm now 39+1 so it's possible you are still pregnant.
Hth

HandOfTheKing Tue 21-May-13 14:36:56

Thanks for the replies guys. I managed to see the GP this morning - she thought it was an early miscarriage. The positive tests are because the hormon es are still floating around and that''s completely normal.

feeling a little sad but at least I know now sad

Purplehonesty Tue 21-May-13 14:41:59

Oh sorry to hear that. I only found out when I had dd that 1 in 3 pregnancies end in early mc like this and if you hadn't tested you'd never know. I have had a cripple.

Hope you are ok and try to stay positive

Purplehonesty Tue 21-May-13 14:42:33

Jeez, a couple. Sorryblush

blondebaby111 Tue 21-May-13 14:46:10

Did she not want to take a b lood test and then another one in a few days. If u are still testing positive and line is getting darker I wouldn't be so sure. Don't want to get your hopes up but how heavy was your period. I'd give it a week and test again, if line is still there I'd go back to docs and demand some blood tests xx

ExhaustedMamasita Tue 21-May-13 15:19:21

I'm so sorry to hear that. Might be worth doing another test next week. As blonde mentions, I don't want to get your hopes up but a friend of mine went through a very similar situation to you. She got what she thought was a normal 4 day long period but it turned out that she was in fact pregnant. She’s now 24 weeks and according to the scans is carrying a perfectly healthy baby.

Have a read of this info – may help: www.babycentre.co.uk/x2313/what-could-bleeding-in-early-pregnancy-mean

Fingers crossed it all works out for you. x

Queenofknickers Tue 21-May-13 15:45:06

Again I don't want to give you false hope but this happened to my SIL and eventually they scanned her and she had lost one (non-identical) twin but the other was still there even though she was bleeding quite heavily. he is now 6. Fingers crossed for you xxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now