Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How long to wait for combined test results?

(8 Posts)
LadyMedea Mon 20-May-13 20:41:56

I've got my 12 week scan on Thursday and I was wondering how long it will take to get the results of the combined downs test? How long did you have to wait for yours?

I'm looking forward to the scan to let us know that the baby is basically ok, but I know I won't want to celebrate until we get the other test results.

Gonnabmummy Mon 20-May-13 20:52:24

I got mine in the post around a week later, they will tell you babys nuchal fold (think that's how it's spelled) Measurement there and then well mine did. She told me what it had to be more than for a concern and mine was way way less, they factor age in too but if measurement is low chances are pretty slim. I got results back as 1 in 50000. Ask for measurement if not told this will hopefully relax you to you get results don't worry good look smile

RoomForALittleOne Mon 20-May-13 20:55:44

It took about a week but I felt pretty confident before then because I had seen the nuchal fold measurement and it was tiny. I'm also young enough that I'm not high risk. Obviously I didn't know my blood test results until the midwife phoned with the combined results.

Soupqueen Mon 20-May-13 21:00:02

Mine was just over a week. I don't agree with the previous posters though, don't put too much faith in the nuchal fold measurement.

My NF measurement was 1.7, which is great, but my blood tests totally skewed it and I ended up with a 1 in 57 risk. My HCG levels are about 10 times high than normal, so blood can make a real difference.

gloti Mon 20-May-13 21:02:46

Where are you going for your scan? I had mine at kings in London and had to wait a bit less than an hour to get the results!
I assumed it was always that quick...

LadyMedea Mon 20-May-13 21:29:02

Royal Berks in Reading. I hope I'll get the nuchal fold on the day but a week for the blood results isn't too bad if that's what the average is. just another week of not telling more people is ok.

Thanks for all the replies!

WipsGlitter Mon 20-May-13 21:31:29

It's just a probability they give you, not a definitive yes/no.

clare8allthepies Mon 20-May-13 21:41:51

I had mine today and the midwife told me if there was any concerns that they would ring me pretty quickly, but if low risk then I would just get a letter in a week or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now