Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

niggly pain

(14 Posts)
rhoscolyn Mon 20-May-13 19:32:35

Hi am new to posting but have been reading lots.

I am about 7 weeks and this afternoon started with a niggly ache on my left side and also where my left kidney is.
I had an ectopic about 16 years ago and two children (well more young adult) 21 & 15. This pregnancy was total shock but am so scared now that it might be another ectopic.

No bleeding and my next gp appt is thursday.
Trying not to panic. Any suggestions or advice please ? Thanks

Frenelder Mon 20-May-13 20:28:20

Hi Rhos,
Sorry no advice but didn't want to read & run hope somebody with some advice reads soon.... Good luck on Thursday ill keep my fingers crossed for you xx

MarianaTrench Mon 20-May-13 20:44:20

Hi - I had similar and phoned my GP who told me to go to Emergency Gynae unit at the local maternity hospital for a scan that same day. They checked me and gave me the all clear. Is there a similar unit you can go to? It'll put your mind at rest.

craftycottontail Mon 20-May-13 22:00:05

I had similar around 7-8 weeks, just mild niggly pain on one side. I think it's something to do with hormones being released from the ovary that produced the egg.

But do get it checked out, you've got nothing to lose and will put your mind at rest.

rhoscolyn Tue 21-May-13 08:36:34

Thanks ladies. Have a doc appt this morning. Already have high blood pressure and stressing making it worse, I dont remember worrying like this before. Must be my age !!

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 21-May-13 08:55:39

I had a pain here at 8 weeks - turned out I had a UTI that had tracked to my kidney. UTIs are common in early pregnancy but easy to miss because you're already feeling crap, tired, peeing lots!

It's good that you're getting checked out. Hopefully it's something minor. I'd take a urine sample with you when you go.

HadALittleFaithBaby Wed 22-May-13 21:49:31

How are you?

rhoscolyn Thu 23-May-13 13:58:59

I am ok thanks. Got another doc appt this pm. She was rather of the attitude 'if you miscarry try again.'
Not very reassuring. ....ho hum.....

Rhubarb78 Thu 23-May-13 14:10:36

It could be a corpus leuteal cyst (not sure on spelling) its perfectly normal in pregnancy but they usually go by the time you have your 12 week scan. I even felt mine burst in this pregnancy! You are right to get an ectopic ruled out though. Hope you get on better at the docs this afternoon

Dusty04 Thu 23-May-13 15:05:01

I had a niggly pain on my lower left side from the day I found out! Had a little brown discharge 2 days later so rang in local EPU who weren't too concerned and said they wouldnt scan me until 8 weeks..That week and a bit was torture but scan should baby and heartbeat smile still have a few niggles now and then but no one seems overly concerned.,

izchaz Thu 23-May-13 15:08:50

Fingers, arms, toes and knees crossed for you! Push for a scan to rule out an ectopic. It might be any number of totally benign things, but you won't be able to relax until you have a better idea of what it isn't. Good luck!

rhoscolyn Sat 25-May-13 13:03:12

Just back from hosp after 999 call for ambulance from urgent care centre, with suspected ectopic. Had a scan which shows a sac in the right place but its empty. They have taken bloods to check hormone levels - I will get the results later today and am booked for another scan on Wednesday morning. I still have niggly pain which is getting worse but they dont seem too concerned. The waiting is unbearable! !!

HadALittleFaithBaby Sat 25-May-13 14:29:12

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Horrible wait for you, but I'm glad you got seen. Be kind to yourself. Let us know how you get on.

mummywarren1 Wed 29-May-13 08:42:39

I had a pain on my right side at the front last week so I called 111 and they calmed me down. They went though a series of questions and advised me to put a warm hot water bottle on it to ease the pain but if it got any worse to all them back or to go to a &e. Fortunatley it went, but then on sunday I had a bit of bleeding but no pain. Spent all day in bed but went to hospital on monday and doctor said some small pains are normal but if they really hurt or are accompanied by bleeding aswell then to go back. Fortunately I have been ok since apart from nausea but I am extra aware of any action at all now. I'm only 4 weeks gone too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now