Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Possibly tummy bug at 4 weeks - dangerous?

(3 Posts)
Shroomboom Mon 20-May-13 16:30:00

I've just found out I'm pregnant, after our 4th round of IVF and 5 years of miscarriages and secondary infertility. I think I now have a tummy bug as I have a terribly upset tummy and bowel-type cramps.

Is this likely to cause any problems with the pregnancy? I am panicking slightly as it's taken so long to get to this point, and I'm scared it will affect the embryo. Has anyone been through the same without any adverse long-term effects?

Thanks!

MotheringShites Mon 20-May-13 16:33:49

Could anxiety be causing the tummy symptoms? May be worth trying some relaxation techniques. I imagine the vital thing is that you keep hydrated and maybe see if you're allowed diaorlyte or something.

I had terrible food poisoning during my first trimester and baby was fine.

Best of luck and rest, rest, rest.

Shroomboom Mon 20-May-13 16:42:51

I will try that, thanks smile I don't think it's anxiety, as despite everything I have been feeling pretty calm about it all (probably the shock of being pregnant tbh grin)

It's good to know your baby was fine after your food poisoning, although it sounds like it was horrible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now