Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Extreme thirst, vomiting, headaches HELP!!!

(8 Posts)
Bex89 Mon 20-May-13 14:23:35

Hey there,

I was hoping for some advice:
I'm 26 weeks pregnant and over the past few days I have been experiencing bouts of extreme thirst, then yesterday I had a very painful headache and my bones feel almost achy and my skin sore, I couldn't leave bed all day.
I was feeling a little better but today I ate some yoghurt and nuts for my breakfast and projectile vomited (tmi) sorry. I'm getting concerned and don't know what to do, would going to the hospital be too much, I just feel awful and fatigued, I'm fit and healthy normally. I can still feel my baby moving too.

Any advice would be great fully appreciated.
Thanks all.

girliefriend Mon 20-May-13 14:28:54

For goodness sake ring your midwife NOW!!!

Sorry don't normally shout but this could be really serious, sounds a lot like gestinational diabetes or poss pre eclempsia, ring midwife now.

<stern look>

Thurlow Mon 20-May-13 14:40:48

Doesn't sound like normal fatigue to me, sorry. At 26w I was seeing off hyperemesis and had low iron, so I was vomiting and tired - but not like that. And not with a shocking headache too.

Please call the MW, if your community MW doesn't answer then call the labour ward and tell them.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 20-May-13 14:43:49

I'm 31 weeks and have felt similar all weekend, I can keep water down though just no food. I have been exhausted and heartburn is making the sickness worse. I went to the ooh doctor yesterday and they just think its pregnancy sickness/heartburn/generally being unwell but I think you should go get your blood pressure checked if poss.

Bex89 Mon 20-May-13 15:08:11

Thanks ladies,
Just rang my midwife who said it sounds like I have a virus, and to make an emergancy appointment in docs(if i can) I know it could be but I'm just not sure this is a virus... It just feels like something different.
Oh we'll ill wait and see...
Ill post and let you all know,
Thanks ladies.x

LadyMedea Mon 20-May-13 15:14:23

Could be a horrible bug, cold be preeclampsia. Ring the midwife or maternity assessment immediately!!!!

girliefriend Mon 20-May-13 16:29:28

Thats o.kay I was worried, do def see someone today to do a bp and urine check if nothing else.

Thurlow Mon 20-May-13 17:20:51

That's good. Pg isn't a time not to be careful, best to get your BP checked if you have headaches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now