Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

worried about lack of movement with dc3

(5 Posts)
workingonitagain Mon 20-May-13 13:03:08

just wondering if anyone can tell me about their experience. im expecting dc3 and im 15 weeks. i think i have felt movements before but they are not predictable and there is a huge gap in between them (sometimes 3-4 days) i have had a mmc after dc2 and so very paranoid that baby's heartbeat has just stopped. today is about day 3-4 that i've not felt anything. i have a mw appointment on wednesday so hoping to hear the heartbeat then.
i wouldn't be worried if i had not felt anything at all by now as i know it could be normal but the fact that i have been feeling movements since about week 11 makes me think that they should either feel stronger or more frequent by now

any advice is appreciated

TinkyPeet Mon 20-May-13 13:08:53

I think 15 weeks is too early to 'count the kicks' so to speak. Depending on how baby is sat you could feel nothing for days then feel a few wiggles. Midwives generally don't listen for the heartbeat untill 16 weeks because of baby's position. As long as you're not having any pain or bleeding I would say you're okay, but by all means phone your midwife for a bit of reassurance x

TinkyPeet Mon 20-May-13 13:10:06

Btw I'm on dc3 with posterior placenta so I have felt baby from around 11 weeks too but nothing was regular as strong untill around 20 weeks smile I'm now 31 weeks and diggin feet out of my ribs smile x

looneytune Mon 20-May-13 13:13:28

Ds3 here and I started feeling proper movements at about 17 weeks. Had a good pattern going then some weeks later I had a couple of times I couldn't feel him. I'd phone up and they said at that early stage he still had plenty of room and was just probably in a different position now, kicking the other way so I couldn't feel it - they were right. Sure it's something like that at this early stage smile

workingonitagain Mon 20-May-13 16:53:34

thanks for all ur comments. i guess ill just never feel reassured until baby is here. was wondering about getting a doppler but dont want to get to obsessed with my worries as im sure i would still find things tovworry about...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now