Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Snoring....

(2 Posts)
2margarinesonthego Mon 20-May-13 11:41:56

I am 34wks and my DH and I haven't slept in the same bed for a full night for about 8 weeks sad He says my snoring is so loud, and I don't doubt him - it's woken me up a few times too. I guess it's because I have to lie on my back now, or maybe there's another cause.
On holiday recently he ended up sleeping on the bathroom floor just to get away from me!!

It's causing (or maybe being caused by) other problems too. My nose is constantly blocked up, blowing it all the time causes nosebleeds, I've had a ragingly sore throat for 3 weeks and survived on ice-cream for days at a time. My glands are swollen. It hurts to talk, swallow and breathe through my mouth. I lost my voice entirely for several days and I can't sing at all.

I never suffer from these sort of issues normally, does anyone have any advice or is it just a case of waiting til I have the baby? I've booked a doctors appt for Friday (for the throat thing, really) but tbh I'm thinking of cancelling it as they will probably say it's just something I need to put up with.

bogwoppitinatree Mon 20-May-13 12:32:35

I had this too - fortunaely we have a spare room and boyfriend did always try to start the night with me but it got so bad he had to sleep elsewhere. At about 36 weeks the baby started to move and it got better and now (nearly 38 weeks) baby is completely dropped and I haven't snored (touch wood) for the past week.
There is hope!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: