Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period 2 days late! Help!

(13 Posts)
Tia1234 Sun 19-May-13 22:08:04

My period is always on time on the exact date my tracker says its due on. My bf accidentally ejaculated in me 5 days before I was due to ovulate this month but we usually do it unprotected and I always get my period this time I'm worried! Am I pregnant?!

TinkyPeet Sun 19-May-13 22:22:38

Do a test, but 'accidentally ejaculated?!' Seriously! If you don't want to conceive use protection.

Bunnylion Sun 19-May-13 22:22:53

Only a pregnancy test can tell you - but sounds like it's quite possible.

Tia1234 Sun 19-May-13 23:19:20

He was going to pull out but it was too late and I used to be on the pill but it made me gain 2 stone in weight in 1 month and made me really moody so I stopped taking it. And I have one but is it not too early to test yet?

Aoifebelle Sun 19-May-13 23:19:49

Is it just me that gets annoyed with the almost daily threads of oh I had unprotected sex, my period is late, could I be pregnant?

If you have had unprotected sex, then yes you could be pregnant. Can a web forum off you you are pregnant, no that is what pregnancy tests are for. Now go and brush up on your sex ed, and piss on a stick.

Tia1234 Sun 19-May-13 23:24:59

Aoifebelle I am sorry I ruffled your feathers but if you don't like it dont read it end of. I don't have anyone to speak to about it and I have anxiety problems therefore i worry about everything so needed to get it off my chest and not have abuse from you thank you very much.

Bunnylion Sun 19-May-13 23:27:50

aoifebelle oh I do too.

OP You can test from the day you're period is due, but do it in the morning as it'll be more reliable. If you're not pregnant then see this as a serious dodged-bullet and get yourself back on the pill.

2 stone and moody is nothing compared to the impact that a baby or an abortion will do to you.

There really is no excuse for being so ignorant and reckless in this country, in this day and age.

Tia1234 Sun 19-May-13 23:30:15

I didn't post this to get abuse I wanted advice that's what's this sites for just forget it i will just worry on my own thanks

alienbanana Sun 19-May-13 23:32:23

Probably,yes. POAS

Bunnylion Sun 19-May-13 23:38:12

Tia I haven't abused you in anyway, I have been 100% honest and given you advice. I apologise if my advice wasn't too gentle but I presume you didn't come on here for everyone to just tell you everything will be fine.

I sincerely wish you the best with this but you do need to see this incident as a serious wake up call, to ensure you never find yourself in this situation again.

Out of interest, how old are you?

horseonabeach Sun 19-May-13 23:41:26

Tia's boyfriend has also been an idiot. There's a man involved here!

Do the test and hope you're not pregnant so you can sort out some contraception.

Aoifebelle Sun 19-May-13 23:45:06

Tia sory you got the brunt of my ire, I am pregnant and grumpy. You are not the first to post the same and unfortunately you won't be the last. However you came on a public forum so you need to expect to get a spectrum of response. You said you came on here for advice, from what I have read you are getting some pretty good advice, just maybe not what you wanted to hear - good advice rarely is.

If you are interested The reason for my grumpiness is that we are very fortunate to be living in a time and place when we have literally scores of contraceptive options available to us. Millions of women around the world do not, and are forced to have children until they drop. If you are sexually active and don't want a child yet, it is your responsibility to take care of that, and it has never been easier. PS the withdrawal method does not count as contraceptive.

scaevola Sun 19-May-13 23:52:47

Yes you need to POAS.

If you are not pregnant, then you need to sort out a reliable method of contraception. Withdrawal (typical use) has a failure rate of 22% (ie of every 100 women using it 22 will become pregnant within a year) but the figure might be higher than that because over half of couples abandoned the method before the full year survey was up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now