Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does Raspberry Leaf Tea give you pain?

(7 Posts)
ButteryJam Sun 19-May-13 20:51:27

Hi,

I'm 39+ weeks and having one cup of raspberry leaf tea per day, and noticed after I have it, it gives me painful brackton hicks. is this normal? Is it good or is it irritating my uterus?

Badgerwife Sun 19-May-13 21:01:25

It 'should' be OK, I don't think it has this kind of side effect otherwise I doubt they would recommend it. But if you're not sure, just call the community midwives to check.

If it was me, I'd probably be thinking 'bloody hell, I never expected it to actually work!' I actually asked my regular midwife if I could start on raspberry leaf tea now (I'm 35 weeks) and she was very much 'don't even think of starting it until 38 weeks, as it can be very effective'.

Stixswhichtwizzle Sun 19-May-13 21:07:13

Raspberry leaf tea caused strong Braxton Hicks when I drank it during late pregnancy. My MW recommend it so I don't think it'll cause any damage

cuppateaandagingersnap Sun 19-May-13 22:00:34

You're lucky I've been drinking gallons of the stuff and taking the capsules and getting nada, really would like to kick things off here! 40+4

ButteryJam Sun 19-May-13 23:00:37

cuppate, does that mean i should increase the intake?

Badgerwife Mon 20-May-13 09:36:34

three times a day is the recommended dose

ButteryJam Mon 20-May-13 09:48:16

Thanks badger will start having it 3 times a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now