Talk

Advanced search

What kind of back pain am I suffering from?

(9 Posts)
HumphreyCobbler Sun 19-May-13 17:55:26

I have googled but am none the wiser. It really hurts sad

It is in my lower back, it gets worse if I don't move for a while. Standing up is agony and I can't pick up my dc (luckily they are old enough to understand this). It doesn't seem to be spreading down my buttocks or causing any other pelvic pain.

Have I got spd or have I just done something to my back which is not pregnancy related? I remember that I couldn't roll over in bed last time I was pg without it REALLY hurting, but that was later on. I am five months.

Choccybaby Sun 19-May-13 18:16:31

Could be just mechanical lower back pain or sacroiliac joint pain. Differentiating the two wont make much difference though. Either way you need to try to avoid sitting in one position for too long and get a physio referral if its not settling or really disabling you. Hot baths can be helpful for the pain.

Gonnabmummy Sun 19-May-13 18:21:24

Is it all the time? A code weeks ago I fell asleep on sofa when I wok I was ok but when I moved I was screaming in agony just unbearable pain eventually with lots help from DP got to bath after half hour back rubs and me swinging off him like a monkey phoned midwife and she said it was a terapped nerve x

HumphreyCobbler Sun 19-May-13 18:21:33

thank you for the information. I will have a hot bath as soon as possible!

HumphreyCobbler Sun 19-May-13 18:22:28

It has been painful all day - but gets better when I sit still or have loosened up by moving about.

afrikat Sun 19-May-13 19:56:57

I get a lot of back pain (pre pregnancy) and the disposable heat packs are really good - not the ones that stick on but the ones that have Velcro and you can wear them all day. Can't remember the brand name but they are in a red pack, Boots definitely have them. Keeping moving is really important - the less mobile I get, the worse my back is. Hope you feel better soon!

HumphreyCobbler Sun 19-May-13 20:15:06

thanks

the hot bath has helped. Can anyone tell me if it is ok to have a hot water bottle on my back when pregnant?

Choccybaby Sun 19-May-13 21:30:34

Try to not have it too hot or you risk burning yourself. A warm water bottle can be quite good though for the pain.

HumphreyCobbler Sun 19-May-13 21:50:18

thank you so much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now