Talk

Advanced search

Noo its popping out!!

(20 Posts)
NTMummy059 Sun 19-May-13 16:59:44

My belly button that is! sad
Just a random non important thread but suddenly noticed my belly button is starting to pop out .. I cringe when I see belly buttons and really hoped mine would stay a tidy inny lol
Just wanted to know if it goes back after birth or if it totally pops out.. Will it just stay an outty?

MrsMcEnroe Sun 19-May-13 17:06:12

No, it will either go back in by itself or, if it doesn't, you can do what I did and poke it back in after the birth grin.... Although I guarantee that this will NOT be the first thing on your mind immediately following childbirth!!

terilou87 Sun 19-May-13 17:10:22

mine popped right out with all 4 of my other pregnancies and no doubt it will again but it has always gone back to normal. made me smile this post

bingeddybongo Sun 19-May-13 17:45:41

Hahaha I'm just waiting for mine to pop out as well!! I don't want an outy!!

Lydia161290 Sun 19-May-13 17:48:50

I am so happy to see a thread about this. My belly button has decided to come say hello to the world too sad It's soo...alien and freakish, and I can't stop touching it grin

SourSweets Sun 19-May-13 18:39:20

Haha, mines out and proud! Baby pushes it even further out too when he leans up against it. My husband's a bit freaked but I like it. I have been assured it will go back in though.

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Sun 19-May-13 19:20:55

How long did your belly buttons take to pop? I'm 28 weeks tomorrow and feel like mine is on its way out! It is a lot shallower than it was and sometimes swollen and sore around that area.

Will it happen gradually, or all of a sudden. Need time to prepare for the shock

MrsMcEnroe Sun 19-May-13 20:35:39

I can't remember how long it took, but both times it seemed to just happen overnight .... I think I was well past 30 weeks each time, but I wasn't very big until the last couple of months - depends on the size of the bump I guess..??

babyradio Sun 19-May-13 20:38:10

Haha mine is out too, I was horrified but I'm not sure why. How long do they take to go back in again...?

NTMummy059 Sun 19-May-13 21:12:22

I'm glad I'm not the only one slightly weirded out by it!
I'm almost 25 weeks and it seems to slowly be on its way out .. pretty sure its going to 'pop' any day now shock haha
Thank you for reassurance that it should go back in smile

WeeS Sun 19-May-13 21:16:55

Mine popped out about 30wks, the whole process of it about to pop was horrible!!! And I've discovered I have 3 tiny moles that've been hiding in my belly button confused I hope my belly button shrinks back to how it used to be!

MisselthwaiteManor Mon 20-May-13 04:49:45

Mine pops out and back in again depending on how the baby's sitting I think! I love it, because DH is frightened of touching it which has brought me hours of fun chasing him around belly-first.

Gerty1002 Mon 20-May-13 08:45:55

Mine popped out at about 23 weeks! Now 25+3 and it's gross, I wear an elastoplast over it! Did anyone else's get really sore just before it popped?

5madthings Mon 20-May-13 08:47:41

Mine never popped out it just sort of stretched and went flat!

effyzm Mon 20-May-13 09:36:27

My belly button popped out as soon as I got a proper bump so around 18 weeks. Looks horrible, can see it through most tops. As long as it goes back properly I don't mind smile

BraveLilBear Mon 20-May-13 13:53:37

Ok ok... I've got to ask: is anyone else's belly button squishy when it pops out? confused

Mine was more of a flatty than an inny before pregnancy, and now does the hokeycokey every few hours, depending on what my little monkey is up to.

When it's 'out' it's like a little volcano, surrounded by a shallow crater or moat. When it's not, it's just very stretched and flat, still in the shallow crater moat.

Am I a total freak?!

NTMummy059 Mon 20-May-13 14:01:32

ahh effyzm I didn't even think about when it starts to show through my tops! :/
brave just reading your post made me cringe (no offence to you or your belly button blush lol) but just imagining mine going in and out and being squishy haha

NTMummy059 Mon 20-May-13 14:04:22

hoppus you made me smile as I know have the thought of chasing my DP round belly first once it pops haha!

MrsBri Mon 20-May-13 14:09:35

Brave, my previously deep inny is exactly like yours. It's odd and very disconcerting. :-/

I can't wait for it to be a proper inny again.

What's worse almost is how far the scar from my previous piercing taken out over a decade ago stretches up my belly. Urggghh.

BraveLilBear Mon 20-May-13 14:47:39

My apologies NTMummy - no cringing intended! It's weird, it's squishy as in, I can just poke it back in, but then it just comes back out again. It's actually quite an improvement given that usually my belly button is quite sore to touch (always has been). Does everyone else have hard belly buttons?

I'm sorry, I just don't know who else to ask!!

MrsBri snap! I had a piercing probably 12 years ago, but it never healed properly as I was too skinny so I have a little scar... like yours, it's currently bigger and flatter, though I don't mind so much on days when it lines up with belly button - I hate it being distorted!

<takes weirdest belly button prize>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now