Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

H&M maternity sizing

(15 Posts)
Dolallytats Sun 19-May-13 16:17:14

I was just wondering what the sizes are like. I was a size 18 when I got pregnant and, although I have only put on just over stone at 30+6, as I am 5'2 I look like a little round ball!!

The size guide says to go up 1-2 sizes, but that puts me between sizes-can anyone advise??

OneLittleToddleTerror Sun 19-May-13 16:20:30

Are you ordering online? Return is free so you can just order both sizes and return one.

I didn't have to upsize last pregnancy. I wore the same maternity size. On the sizing charts on the website it said the hips are actually bigger on the maternity clothing compared to the normal equivalent sizes. So a lot depends on where you gained the weight.

cupcake78 Sun 19-May-13 16:38:54

Im an 18 also and got size xl. They fit very well.

Dolallytats Sun 19-May-13 17:14:51

Thank you one and cupcake, not sure why I didn't think to order two sizes....can only blame the baby brain!!

Gingerbreadpixie Sun 19-May-13 18:27:16

I find their sizes come up tiny! I am usually a size 8 pre-pregnancy. Had to buy a 12 in all maternity trousers from there and I have a very tidy bump and have not gained weight anywhere else.

Dolallytats Sun 19-May-13 19:43:42

Thanks Gingerbread, will definitely order multiple size options!!

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sun 19-May-13 19:50:04

Why would you have to go up a size? I thought the whole point in maternity clothes was that they are the right size and made to fit the growing bump.

You haven't put much weight on so I don't see why you would even need to up size at all.

In New Look you have to go down about 2 sizes!

rrreow Sun 19-May-13 19:54:46

Their sizes come up small in my opinion. I'm a 10 for bottoms at most shops (whether pregnant or not, I haven't found it to make a difference - probably because all the weight for me is the baby, it doesn't really seem to go other places) but at H&M I have to go to a 12 otherwise they don't fit over my hips.

Goodkingwalkingslass Sun 19-May-13 19:58:16

I tried some maternity jeans on in h&m last week and found they came up tiny. Needless to say I didn't buy them!

suntodayplease Sun 19-May-13 20:01:06

I spotted a sign in the maternity section which made me feel a bit better when I struggled to get into my usual size!!:

1-3 months buy your normal size
3-6 months go one size up
6-9 months 2 sizes up

Hope that helps

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sun 19-May-13 20:06:38

I'm a size 18 and 31 weeks and get their xl or 18-20 and they're fine in tops, I find their trousers small fitting though.

megarobotdiscoparty Sun 19-May-13 20:15:04

Agree with all here, was a 12 pre-pregnancy and was a 16 in h&m jeans at 16 weeks (they've lasted all the way though though and are so comfy - wearing them right now on my due date!)

Ledkr Sun 19-May-13 21:01:12

Yes I had to get an 18 and felt shit as was a 14 when got pg

DaveMccave Mon 20-May-13 09:13:49

I'm a 14 in h&m usually (12 everywhere else) and in 16-18 from the maternity now. The 18 jeans were a bit big at first (but stayed up) but at 28 weeks fit perfectly so I'm glad I did size up.

Dolallytats Mon 20-May-13 18:40:58

Hmm, if the sizes come up as small as everyone is saying, I'm not sure the 22-24 will fit and that is depressing!! Might order a few sizes as see....fingers crossed!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now