Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnancy worries

(9 Posts)
Crisihall12 Sun 19-May-13 12:13:51

I had a mc in nov 12 and am now 4 weeks pregnant. I am worried that i will have another mc and have been getting a weird feeling in my abdoman. I've looked on websites but nothing has eased my mind. Is there any mums out there that could let me know what i should and shouldn't b be feeling.
I do have a 4 year old so should know but it has been a while since i was pregnant and obv i have had the unfortunate event of a mc.

Thank you in advance x

Saundy Sun 19-May-13 12:27:19

Well I'm 15 weeks and for the first few weeks I had funny feelings too, in fact I didn't bother with a pregnancy test as I was convinced I was coming on.

I could really feel something going on there, not unlike period pains for weeks. In fact when it eventually stopped I panicked as I couldn't feel anything happening any more - you just can't win in the worry wars!

Congrats on the pregnancy and please try not to worry.

Saundy Sun 19-May-13 12:28:45

Stretchy aches are common x

Crisihall12 Sun 19-May-13 12:34:25

Thanks ladies, just scared after what happened last time x

Hopingforno2 Sun 19-May-13 20:31:02

I had dull achey feelings in my lower abdomen and pains similar to period pains my dd is 6 weeks now, she is my 2nd dc and i had nothing similar when pg with my ds.

terilou87 Sun 19-May-13 21:26:34

i had 2 mc in 2011 and when i conceived in 2012 all i could think about was having another, i was checking toilet roll every time i wiped for blood, i didnt dare do any exercise, i made sure i took all folic acid and vitamins didnt eat/drink anything i shouldn't and i was at a+e every ache or pain up until being able to feel him move (and im one of those people that has to be virtually dead before going to doctor). its very scary being pregnant after a mc, there were a lot of aches and pains mostly ligament pain that were all normal. i'm not as stressed out this time though so it does get better smile

Mummytothearkbuilder Mon 20-May-13 10:17:08

Hi Crisihall12 congratulations on your pregnancy - wonderful news!!

I am in the same position as you - I had a miscarriage in Feb and got a BFP a couple of weeks ago - I never expected to fall pregnant again so soon after my miscarriage.

I am petrified!! I have an early scan on Friday to check dates and make sure everything is going okay - could you speak with your midwife to see whether you could have an early scan for reassurance?

I also have a 4 year old and when I was pregnant with him I was so exited from the start - no thoughts of miscarriage or anything sinister - this time all excitement has been replaced by fear!! I also have no symptoms other than a bit of tiredness - I'm willing the morning sickness to kick in!!

Crisihall12 Mon 20-May-13 13:50:29

I am going to the doctors today and have a midwife app on fri, goin to speak to doc today.I would feel much better going for a scan.

It has kind of taken the fun out of it sad i'm trying to stay positive tho.

Congratulations on your pregnancy also and i hope all goes well for you xx

Mummytothearkbuilder Mon 20-May-13 17:49:08

I know what you mean about the fun being taken out of it. I keep thinking once I've seen the heartbeat I will feel better but I think I will then just start worrying about the 12 week scan!

Good luck with the midwife appt on Friday - explain how anxious you are following the miscarriage - I'm sure they will want to help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now