Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy survival kit

(12 Posts)
milkyman Sun 19-May-13 11:23:11

My friend is 14wks pregnant - I would like to give her a survival kit as a gift. I thought minstrels, foot spray, nice creams etc.. Any other ideas? smile

Vixjane Sun 19-May-13 13:39:11

Thats very thoughtful! My DP came home from the shops the other week with some cider for himself and a non alcoholic koppaberg (sp?) for me. It was very well received as i felt i could have a drink with him. Depends if your friend would like that kind of thing though? X

BabyStone Sun 19-May-13 13:43:09

Aww what a thoughtful idea, wish some one did this for me!
I know some people don't get heartburn/sickness/ stretchmarks so the following items are just ideas "just incase"
Ginger nut biscuits and mints for any sickness. Rennie/Gaviscon for heartburn, a book? If you know of any "cravings" maybe get some of what ever they are I.e a certain food or drink.
some sort of oil/cream for stretch marks.
maybe some candles to go round her bath (if she likes them)
Im sure she'll love whatever you get her as its more the thought that counts smile

GoodbyePorkPie Sun 19-May-13 13:43:55

That's a nice idea. If she already has DC I would suggest a voucher offering some babysitting! That's what I'd like right now.

If she's into coffee maybe some really nice/posh decaf coffee?

Excited85 Sun 19-May-13 13:45:49

How about a good book so she makes some time to rest without realising it? You sound like a very good friend :-)

HotSoupDumpling Sun 19-May-13 13:58:41

Some non-alcoholic stuff is a good idea. Plus mama mio body butter!

Doodlekitty Sun 19-May-13 14:04:48

Nice decaf coffee/tea. Raspberry leaf tea for the later stages, some nice bubble bath/bath oil. My friend have me some flight socks which I loved in the late stages when my ankles went puffy.

lollypopsicle Sun 19-May-13 14:28:14

Nice bubble bath
Chocolate

milkyman Sun 19-May-13 15:28:13

Thanks everyone - some great ideas there! Looking forward to some shopping! smile

ButteryJam Sun 19-May-13 15:42:45

What a lovely idea and what a great friend you are! smile

Some ideas:

Massage Oil
Lavendar Oil
Body Butter - Sanctuary is quite nice
Some nice shower gel - S&G one is quite nice
Minstrels sounds lovely smile

RJM17 Sun 19-May-13 16:04:48

Definately some ginger nuts if she struggles withering sickness they have been a god send for me.
Maybe a voucher for a little treat like a manicure or pedicure all depends how much u want to spend. But ur friend is very lucky I wish someone had done this for me xx

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Sun 19-May-13 16:10:23

Yes yes to the Rennies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now