Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How big should I be?

(10 Posts)
Binde Sun 19-May-13 09:28:16

Hello all,
Just want to say this is a great network and been looking at it for a while. My first post so apologies if it is in the wrong section.

I am trying to find out how much baby grows in pregency. I am the same size I was at my first scan and my second scan in 2.5 weeks. I am worried that baby has not grown. First pregnancy so trying to remain clam but an worried about alot of things.

Does the high dose iron that I have been put on due to anaemia related to low iron stores have any bearing?

Thanks lots,
Binde

MisselthwaiteManor Sun 19-May-13 10:21:42

Do not worry at all about your size, it has no reflection on the baby's size. Some people are massive by 20 weeks some people aren't showing at all.

BeQuicksieorBeDead Sun 19-May-13 10:27:30

Please don't worry. At the first scan lots of ladies are just bloated from the hormones, you can lose that and think something is wrong, when nothing has gone wrong in your uterus at all!

I am absolutely massive at thirteen weeks and can assure you the baby is the right tiny size.... Bread addiction is the only thing I can put it down to, I am hoping I dont get even bigger by the twenty week scan as the sonographer nearly broke her wrist on the last scan, poor woman!

peanutMD Sun 19-May-13 10:31:54

In both my pregnancies i have had no bump at all until 32 weeks, both DC's were average weight.

Don't worry everybody is different some gave massive bumps at 20 weeks some have none.

beckie90 Sun 19-May-13 11:02:57

I had a bump at 12wks with my first, I went over by 2wks and he was 6ib 8.

I had no bump at all with my second till around 32wks, he was born at 40wks weighing 9ib. There wasn't really anyway for him to hide as I was underweight. I don't believe bump size has any baring on how big the baby is tbh. Every pregnancy/person is different.

I'm currently 28+1 with ds3 and I'm still really small, I just could pass as gaining weight xx

Binde Mon 20-May-13 09:48:40

Thank you all. I will relax and try to enjoy now.
smile
Binde

pebbles1234 Mon 20-May-13 09:55:42

I've been worried about that too - people keep telling me how 'tiny' my bump is, I didn't go into maternity jeans until 32 weeks and even now at 35 can still wear many of my normal clothes. Scans and midwife have baby measuring just right... Try not to worry too much, everyone is different - my best friend was huge at 11 weeks, no one believed we were both pregnant! Xx

BeQuicksieorBeDead Tue 21-May-13 20:29:28

Grrr you lot.....I am thirteen weeks and already using the hair bobble trick on my trousers!

craftycottontail Tue 21-May-13 23:44:46

I'm sure later on it can depend on how the baby is sitting or if it's leaning on the front of your stomach - some days people tell me my bump is huge, other days they think it's tiny! But I've always measured bang on for my dates.

hydeyhi91 Wed 22-May-13 00:20:12

I didnt show at all until about 26weeks! im 6foot tall so i think this might have contributed, she had lots more room to stretch out!
even at 31 weeks now i havent grown outwards significantly, and cans till hide it quite well even though im measiring right for the dates
everyones different smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now