Talk

Advanced search

False positives?

(13 Posts)
davidtennantsmistress Sun 19-May-13 08:22:57

Help, do you get them, did two Tesco cheaps in the week, which I thought had a v faint line but deduce we're neg as it was 10 mins right light sort of thing, have a feeling of af coming, it's about two or three weeks since dtd can't remember likewise af due I think. Anyhow little burps occurring as per pg. with ds2 clear blue test done yesterday took an age to decide but was bpf 1-2 weeks prob about right, question is:-

Are they ever false and if not that puts m due end of janish?

MisselthwaiteManor Sun 19-May-13 08:28:33

If they're false (an evap line) then the line is colourless, I don't think you can get a false with a clearblue though!

Congratulations flowers

HettySunshine Sun 19-May-13 08:30:14

No such thing as a false positive. Congratulations!

bonzo77 Sun 19-May-13 08:30:44

I do t think you can get a false positive! I'd get a test that uses pink dye instead. I think they are clearer. First response gave me a very clear positive several days before AF was due.

davidtennantsmistress Sun 19-May-13 08:32:20

Oh dear, my boss won't be happy lol. Big decisions ahead on if to carry on with work after as also trying to set up a small business. This could be fun.

But thank you. Secretly very pleased ESP after getting to week 8 history of mc.

davidtennantsmistress Sun 19-May-13 08:33:15

Will get a lined one today to be sure, other was digital.

RJM17 Sun 19-May-13 11:46:11

My doc said digital ones don't give false positives and are more accurate than the docs ones. So congrats xx

scaevola Sun 19-May-13 11:57:25

You only get false positives if the test stick was faulty. That is rare.

davidtennantsmistress Sun 19-May-13 13:20:51

Thanks ladies, I've done two more today a predictor one v v v v faint bfp but a cheaps pound land one bfn so now un sure again. :-( I guess I'll have to wait it out to the end of the week for pay day to get a first response. I think af is due this coming week.

davidtennantsmistress Mon 20-May-13 16:11:09

Caved and broke into the house funds a digital today says bfn can only assume sat one was faulty or false, my af buddy came on yesterday so assume I will tomorrow now. V gutted. [Sad] funny how you don't realise how much something means to you.

beckie90 Mon 20-May-13 16:47:20

Was it FMU? Or through the day? X

davidtennantsmistress Mon 20-May-13 16:49:26

Saturday's was afternoon one today's was first which is put into a container and used. Oh the shame lol.

beckie90 Mon 20-May-13 16:54:42

Hmmm strange. See what happens with af, and re test in next few days is nothing x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now