Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

False positives?

(13 Posts)
davidtennantsmistress Sun 19-May-13 08:22:57

Help, do you get them, did two Tesco cheaps in the week, which I thought had a v faint line but deduce we're neg as it was 10 mins right light sort of thing, have a feeling of af coming, it's about two or three weeks since dtd can't remember likewise af due I think. Anyhow little burps occurring as per pg. with ds2 clear blue test done yesterday took an age to decide but was bpf 1-2 weeks prob about right, question is:-

Are they ever false and if not that puts m due end of janish?

MisselthwaiteManor Sun 19-May-13 08:28:33

If they're false (an evap line) then the line is colourless, I don't think you can get a false with a clearblue though!

Congratulations flowers

HettySunshine Sun 19-May-13 08:30:14

No such thing as a false positive. Congratulations!

bonzo77 Sun 19-May-13 08:30:44

I do t think you can get a false positive! I'd get a test that uses pink dye instead. I think they are clearer. First response gave me a very clear positive several days before AF was due.

davidtennantsmistress Sun 19-May-13 08:32:20

Oh dear, my boss won't be happy lol. Big decisions ahead on if to carry on with work after as also trying to set up a small business. This could be fun.

But thank you. Secretly very pleased ESP after getting to week 8 history of mc.

davidtennantsmistress Sun 19-May-13 08:33:15

Will get a lined one today to be sure, other was digital.

RJM17 Sun 19-May-13 11:46:11

My doc said digital ones don't give false positives and are more accurate than the docs ones. So congrats xx

scaevola Sun 19-May-13 11:57:25

You only get false positives if the test stick was faulty. That is rare.

davidtennantsmistress Sun 19-May-13 13:20:51

Thanks ladies, I've done two more today a predictor one v v v v faint bfp but a cheaps pound land one bfn so now un sure again. :-( I guess I'll have to wait it out to the end of the week for pay day to get a first response. I think af is due this coming week.

davidtennantsmistress Mon 20-May-13 16:11:09

Caved and broke into the house funds a digital today says bfn can only assume sat one was faulty or false, my af buddy came on yesterday so assume I will tomorrow now. V gutted. [Sad] funny how you don't realise how much something means to you.

beckie90 Mon 20-May-13 16:47:20

Was it FMU? Or through the day? X

davidtennantsmistress Mon 20-May-13 16:49:26

Saturday's was afternoon one today's was first which is put into a container and used. Oh the shame lol.

beckie90 Mon 20-May-13 16:54:42

Hmmm strange. See what happens with af, and re test in next few days is nothing x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: