Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy exercises when already having diastatis recti.

(6 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Sat 18-May-13 19:59:14

Anyone experience this?

littleraysofsunshine Sun 19-May-13 22:43:54

Bump

mumoftwoboysS Mon 20-May-13 15:05:18

is that when the muscles in the middle of the stomach are separated? I have this though not severe. Have been told not to do any stomach crunches or abdominal exercises but you can do any exercises suitable during pregnancy. I've got a pilates during pregnancy book and am trying to do that at home when I can.

I'd recommend sticking to exercises suitable for pregnancy only and you should be ok.

littleraysofsunshine Mon 20-May-13 22:19:47

Yes it is. I have it, was about 5cm when laying down. Come together a little bit. (I'm slim and had big babies. And also backtoback labour which can be a cause) even though I loved the birth!grin

Thanks for the reply x

HelnBack Mon 20-May-13 23:02:28

I had this problem after my 1st ds who was very large. Between him and 2nd ds I saw a physio who went through a gentle progression of core strengthening exercises over several months, most of which I had done before in pilates. We avoided anything like ab crunches.

littleraysofsunshine Sat 25-May-13 22:34:06

Thanks. I will try swimming and a pre natal DVD I did before. I just feel bloated a lot too which doesn't help. Especially on my small frame. Don't want to stretch a lot again shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now