Talk

Advanced search

maternity bras and swimwear, where to go

(7 Posts)
Aoifebelle Sat 18-May-13 09:35:39

Heading off on holiday in a bit. I am just at the end of first trimester. I have always had giant knockers, but now they are out of control. I only have one bra that vaguely fits. I think I need properly measured for some new bras and I want a properly supportive swimsuit, with a built in bra. I know they will probably get even bigger (god forbid) but I want to feel comfy on holiday. Where is the best place to go? Have looked on line but I don't feel confident that I will order the right stuff and will just end up sending it all back. I live in London.

Soupqueen Sat 18-May-13 09:39:31

Bravissimo

Sparkeleigh Sat 18-May-13 13:11:36

Definitely Bravissimo and if you can go to one of the stores to be fitted, it'll make a huge difference - I went from a 36D to a 32E when they fitted me.

I just bought a swimsuit from Asos maternity and it's going back, it's very small in the chest.

Aoifebelle Sat 18-May-13 13:26:56

I am a usual bravissimo goer, but I don't really like their swimwear. Have been wandering in and out of large shops for a while and have figured out I want somewhere small and more personal. On my way to bloomers in east Dulwich, recommended by my sister. Will report back.

PixieBaby Sat 18-May-13 22:18:00

Hello, I have a large bust and am pretty curvy (size 16). I bought a couple of swimsuits from M&S for my baby moon (at 16 weeks). They have plenty of flattering options that suit a blossoming belly and give good support around the bust. Not at all twee, either.

I also liked that the straps detach easily for sun lounge action and yet still gave good support. I bought some from John Lewis too but ended up taking them back, which was a shame.

Have not found a solution for bras yet - I'm up to my third set at 29 weeks so I may give Bravissimo a try!

AnythingNotEverything Sat 18-May-13 22:27:43

I haven't yet found anywhere that does swimsuits in maternity AND cup sizes. I'm thinking about risking a bikini, or maybe a bikini and a maternity tankini.

Watching with interest!

Aoifebelle Sun 19-May-13 08:42:05

Well success. On recommendation from my sister I went to a shop called bloomers on lordship lane east dulwich London. I have been wandering aimlessly in and out of large department stores for a while and haven't even tried anything on. This is my first pregnancy purchase and for some reason I was feeling a bit vulnerable about it and realised what I needed was a more personal experience.
I got great personal service from Sharon. She brought me three soft cup bras to try on, bought two of them, one fits perfectly right now and one with a bit of room to grow. They aren't the sexiest, but dear god were they needed. I also tried on 5 swimming suits all with proper cup fittings, would happily have bought two of them (this has never happened ever, I have never been happy with a swimwear purchase, just bought the least worst, even at bravissimo).
The bras were pretty reasonable, around the £25. The swimsuit was very expensive at £72. I had read the wrong ticket and thought it was £56, and baulked a bit at that, so I got a bit of a shock at the til. She kindly knocked a few quid off, and I figure I will be buried in it so it should pay back. Overall a very happy preggers lady.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: