Talk

Advanced search

Do you do prental yoga?

(10 Posts)
mrspaddy Fri 17-May-13 22:58:39

If you do - do you enjoy it?
I don't know if I do. I think it is making more aware of labour when I was actually enjoying blissful ignorance.

It probably didn't help looking into a massive mirror and feeling like a hippo pregnant lady blush

ButteryJam Fri 17-May-13 23:09:58

I attend ante natal yoga classes and really enjoy it! smile They are pricey but I started quite late in my pregnancy, so it hasn't actually added up to too much thankfully. It is relaxing and some of the exercises seem useful for labour.

lexib Sat 18-May-13 06:48:01

I've started an antenatal yoga class too, not the cheapest but definitely helped me think more clearly of my body (and had first proper kicks afterwards so reckon helped bean too!)

Dexidoo Sat 18-May-13 07:16:48

I've got a DVD which I do once or twice a week. I do enjoy it.

Local classes weren't possible due to funny work hours

Queazy Sat 18-May-13 08:07:01

I've done four classes so far - if I'm honest, I don't really enjoy it, but it's the only proper stretching I do and I have a sedentary office job.

BentleyBelly Sat 18-May-13 08:32:56

I've done 4 weeks too and find it quite enjoyable. The teacher is a bit bonkers and I always get the giggles at her quite frank and graphic commentary, and the way she sticks her arse so far out in every exercise. Everyone else takes it really seriously so i try to close my eyes and concentrate. It is really helping my dodgy back too.

babyradio Sat 18-May-13 14:31:56

I've been going for about 8 weeks and really love it! It's helped me to appreciate what my body is doing a bit more rather than just cursing it for hurting all the time. It's getting a bit more difficult now because i'm giant but my next class is my last one anyway before junior arrives!

mrspaddy Sat 18-May-13 14:37:57

ah thanks girls and good luck babyradio.. my class works out about eight pound for an hour and a half. Is that the norm.. have a DVD here too. Must try it. I did think the info on pelvic floor was good and slept great so maybe best to stick at it.

Queazy Sat 18-May-13 18:37:25

Mine is £10 an hour. I haven't used my yoga DVD as, though I said I don't hugely enjoy the classes (I think I'm just bit stressed and won't let myself switch off), it's so nice to do the stretching and breathing in a room full of other women going through pregnancy. I had my class this morning and thinking again, I'm really glad I signed up. Enjoy! smile

ButteryJam Sat 18-May-13 21:43:57

Mine is £10 an hour too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now