Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clearblue digital ovulation kit

(14 Posts)
tigger8 Fri 17-May-13 22:52:59

Expensive but any good? Thoughts please, ladies...

Bunnylion Fri 17-May-13 23:07:29

We used then for 2 months - had sex every day that it said I was ovulating with no luck.

On the 3rd month I didn't bother with the ovulation tests and just had sex every other day throughout the month. Hey presto we got pregnant.

I'd not bother with them again in the future, just have sex every other day for a couple of months and it should happen.

Don't get disheartened if it doesn't happen immediately and try to keep sex fun! Good luck!

somanystripes Fri 17-May-13 23:29:28

We had trouble conceiving and it worked for us, twice. Also for another two friends who were struggling.

I'd say it depends how long you've been trying. If you're getting really frustrated I think it's great as it puts a bit of science into it. Trying to have sex every other night for 18 months isn't actually that fun in the end (and inevitably when you're mid cycle your DP won't be up for it as he's so knackered grin)

If you've not been at it long then I'd probably not bother and enjoy trying more spontaneously a bit longer wink

Good luck xx

Rockchick1984 Fri 17-May-13 23:30:41

If you have concerns that you're not ovulating or that you are ovulating too late in your cycle then it's worth using OPK'S like this, however there's not much point if you are having regular sex and no other concerns - all it does is tell you approximately the right days to TTC, there's still no more chance than just having sex every other day.

memphis83 Fri 17-May-13 23:46:08

My friend was pg on her first month with one so I bought one after a year of trying.
We are on our forth month but dp does work away a lot. One thing it has taught me is when I ovulate. Last month I ovulated on day 19 and this month day 13 without the monitor I just thought I ovulated on day 16 every month.
I did try the cheaper opk's before spending £100 on one and it never showed a hormone surge so although not pg it shows when I ov.

HotSoupDumpling Sat 18-May-13 07:53:23

Agree with rockchick. It worked for us, just because with work and life we couldn't always DTD every couple of days. Means that we didn't miss the crucial week. But you have to check whether you and your DP are comfortable being 'told' when to DTD, as some people find that it outs them off their stroke...

My advice is that they pop up on ebay a lot for about 30-40 quid. I couldn't have justified mine full price.

Midori1999 Sat 18-May-13 07:59:45

I used them a couple of cycles, but they never showed I was ovulating. I got pregnant in the second cycle of using them though, so I must have been ovulating. I also used Asda ovulation tests in the second cycle, which did show what might have been a positive (lines, so harder to tell) around the time I thought I ovulated.

levithecat Sat 18-May-13 08:00:26

I found them helpful I'm getting to know my cycles and showing that I was ovulating. used them for two months before getting a BFP.

levithecat Sat 18-May-13 08:01:30

in not I'm

Soupqueen Sat 18-May-13 08:22:39

I have an unopened, still sealed in box one, if you'd like it for half price? I ordered it then discovered that they don't work if you're on certain medication.

Pm me if interested.

tigger8 Sat 18-May-13 19:39:36

Thanks for all the replies. My 10 mth old was a major surprise after 15yrs of infertility and I would so like to squeeze one more in before I become even more ancient. Time is against me and the quicker this happens the better.....

LittlePeaPod Sun 19-May-13 06:13:22

They worked for us in the first month we used them. Used the kit but also worked out dates. Good luck..

Longdistance Sun 19-May-13 06:29:45

I used them just the once. She's nearly two smile

Eletheomel Sun 19-May-13 09:52:31

I think there are pros and cons, on the one hand it was good for me as I learned that I ovulated much earlier in my cycle than I had though (day 8/9/10 rather than the day 14 I presumed was the case). However, I did find it stressful, so stopped using it after 5 months, but was then able to bring our nookie forward to the time when I was likely to be ovulating (think I'd been leaving it too late before) in the months that followed and manged to fall pregnant (39 wks next week :-).

From recollection though, it doesn't guarantee that you are ovulating, just indicates that your body is trying to ovulate (your body may well release the right amount of hormones to trigger the kit, but ovulation may not take place), so it's not failsafe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now