Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

14 weeks scan .....

(5 Posts)
stephbecominglittler Fri 17-May-13 21:53:00

Hi all , I have a scan on Wednesday I will be 14+3 just wondering do u think they will be able to tell me if the think I am having a girl or a boy or even just a incling cxx

Mamabear12 Fri 17-May-13 22:03:12

I predicted both my babies correctly at 12 week scan scorrectly, plus a few friends. Google the nub theory. Ask ur scanner to show u the nub, bc it doesn't always show in photos. If its pointing more up, boy and straight or down girl. Google it and it will make sense. Very interesting

Fakebook Sat 18-May-13 08:34:28

I don't know, in America they get told the sex at 12 weeks. This time I can see a very long pointy thing between the baby's legs at around 13 weeks and the nub theory suggests its a girl. However, my baby attached on the right of my uterus and another theory suggests that's a boy.

I think it's safer to wait until the 20 week scan. You could try the baking soda test and other old wives tales in that time for a bit of fun. [saddo emoticon]

terilou87 Sat 18-May-13 11:06:02

nub theory is not accurate, it can look different when the sonographer moves the scanner (cousin is a sonographer and told me this), some peoples will get it right by using nub theory its a 50% guess after all. i doubt the sonographer would tell you the sex even if he/she thinks they know it because it would be harder to see everything to get an accurate anser, even at 20 weeks they tell you its not 100%. in 2007-8-9 they used to scan at 16 weeks where i live instead of 20 and they told me each time what i was having and it was correct, well you can always ask you never know smile

LandsN Sat 18-May-13 16:53:05

i have just had one at 16+1 and they just about managed to tell me but I think the baby was laying in a funny position typical boy lol good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now