Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

lovely strangers when pg

(11 Posts)
BabyHMummy Fri 17-May-13 20:21:16

Always reading on here about ppl making.rude or inappropriate comments so thought I would share my lovely experience of 2 complete randoms in the queue for the loo in my local m&s

Queue was massive and 2 very lovely ladies both asked if I wanted to jump in front of then as they were worried that I might be desperate as I am pg. Thought it was very sweet

syl1985 Fri 17-May-13 20:29:47

That's nice...

syl1985 Fri 17-May-13 20:30:12

How sweet of these ladies.

BabyHMummy Fri 17-May-13 20:35:28

It was so lovely! I wasn't that desperate but thought it was such a nice thing to offer.

Queazy Fri 17-May-13 20:36:04

That's really nice to hear. It's so true that there are really positive stories out there, as well as the ones that me cringe.Even though I hate it when people touch my stomach, I love their often genuine delight in sharing in your happiness and excitement (even when they barely know you) is really touching smile

StuckOnARollercoaster Fri 17-May-13 20:42:34

That's nice - I must exist in a different world to many people on MN because I seem to have just nice experiences - either friendly smiles or a little chit chat about when the baby is due and whether we know if it's a boy or girl, and some fab help in a self service cafe where they carried my tray for me even though it wasn't necessary!
Have also had knowing looks from other women when dashing into public loos!

rrreow Fri 17-May-13 20:54:47

I had the same experience the other day when I was queueing for the toilets somewhere. Really nice!

Jollyb Fri 17-May-13 21:04:06

I was in a McDonalds in Portugal last week and was ushered to the front of the queue!

LoganMummy Fri 17-May-13 21:25:47

I had this a few weeks ago in Asda toilets - 36 weeks pregnant waiting with two year old DS and was allowed to skip entire queue. Strangers can be so kind.

PenelopeLane Sat 18-May-13 08:25:47

I had an older woman on the bus take it upon herself to nag all of the men standing around me for not giving up their seat to me (she was also standing). I was blush at the time but still a little touched as had found standing very uncomfy

Teaandflapjacks Sat 18-May-13 08:55:05

I had this last time I flew back to Germany at Easter- they were super nice (lufthansa) - overlooked my heavy bags and didn't charge us extra (stuffed full of baby clothes and maternity stuff from people in england, plus things like marmite, branstons pickles etc....), then upgraded us to business, gave me priority boarding and fast track through security, wished us both well on the pregnancy, didn't ask for a fit to fly or anything like that - honestly beaming smiles from every employee the whole way back - we were both shock but really pleased.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now