Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HELP think baby is wedged in, induction tomorrow

(19 Posts)
tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 17-May-13 04:38:36

Is there anyone that can help me? I'm 40+10, cervix effaced but not dilated. Baby LOA but not engaged. I've got lots of pressure just above the pubic bone, especially when I walk. My gut feeling is that he's wedged in there, and can't descend. I've got a fairly narrow pelvis and this is not a small baby. is induction going to be long, painful and end up in a section? I'm scared of ending up with weekend staff at the hospital and it all going crazy. Any advice?

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 17-May-13 08:29:48

Bump

Hawkmoth Fri 17-May-13 08:32:46

Ask for a scan and to go straight for section?

usernamegoeshere Fri 17-May-13 08:34:37

This happened to me, I was 40+10 and went into labour naturally, had a c section in end but tbh was best possible outcome, baby and I were both fine afterwards. I think lots of baby's don't engage till labour anyways though but if you really think this is the case I was told birthing balls can help open your pelvis!

Good luck! And honestly chances of baby not fitting through pelvis is low!

StitchAteMySleep Fri 17-May-13 08:38:13

Inversion, you will need help.

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 17-May-13 08:59:32

Thanks for your replies

Re scan they can't see bone so not sure if it will help but will ask

You're right DD came through my pelvis so unlikely this one will be so enormous it's impossible, it's just once you start induction, you're on their t

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 17-May-13 09:02:32

Oops on their timetable so will end up with even more interventions

I'll try the inversion, thanks
And get back on the birthing ball!

StitchAteMySleep Fri 17-May-13 09:48:00

Have a look at the abdominal lift and tilt on the spinning babies website to do after the inversion. Squatting can also help open the pelvis.

Hope it helps.

Bue Fri 17-May-13 09:53:16

Are you concerned about the baby not being engaged? It sounds as if this is your second baby, so that is completely normal. Most subsequent babies don't engage until you're in labour.

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 17-May-13 10:00:40

Hi bue, it's not that baby isn't engaged that worries me, it's that I have this weird pressure just above the pubic bone, mw has assured me it's normal for 2nd baby to not engage, but this pressure doesn't feel right

purrpurr Fri 17-May-13 10:06:48

Good luck Tas, really hopeful that baby isn't wedged. Will you let us know (if you can) how you are over the weekend?

TerracottaPie Fri 17-May-13 11:05:39

I have that weird pressure tas. And I have a freely floating baby too.

I had it last time as well though and DS was big (11lb). He fit through ok even with his fat head!

Ps the cow is off her food. A sign of things starting maybe?

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 17-May-13 13:40:14

Thanks purr and terracotta, not long for all of us now! Purr good luck for tonight, pop over to the may thread when you can and update us. Hope Jesse pinkman behaves himselfgrin

I've talked to a mw and my neighbour who is also a mw and I feel reassured that it is normal. I need to stop fretting now and relax a bit. Terra, 11lb!!!!! Ouch!!!! Hope that cow is a good omen!

tasmaniandevilchaser Sun 26-May-13 22:34:55

If anyone comes to this thread wondering what happened, he most definitely wasn't wedged in, he came out without even pushing! All that low down pain was pre labour pain, all contractions were only low down.

Purr, not heard from you, how is everything?

Smilehappy Sun 26-May-13 22:43:10

Congratulations tasthanksthanksthanksthanks

Jollyb Sun 26-May-13 22:45:29

Many congratsvTas

tasmaniandevilchaser Tue 28-May-13 08:07:30

Hi thanks! jollyb were you on the mosh pit TTC thread? Or am I confusing you with someone else? Have totally lost that thread, wanted to pop back with the news.

Jollyb Tue 28-May-13 17:39:40

Yes Tas I was. It's been a little quiet on the thread over the past few weeks. I'm 31 weeks now and all going ok ( fingers crossed) . Hope you're getting some sleep x

Jollyb Tue 28-May-13 17:41:29

Have bumped the thread for you Tas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now