Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Achy girly bits at 28weeks (tmi)

(10 Posts)
Kayshields Thu 16-May-13 23:45:32

Hey sorry this message is a bit personal but lately I've started to notice that after sex with my partner, my girly bits become incredibly aching and swollen feeling.. this usually stops after about ten minutes of holding a cold damp flannel down there... does anyone else suffer this or have any idea what it may be? :s

gillybeandramaqueen Fri 17-May-13 00:01:43

Hiya Kay... I've been having the same thing at 22 weeks although it's not necessarily after sex, it's just generally now... I was wondering if it's just everything 'pushing down' as my bones down there blush smile feel a bit achy too... I hope it's not the onset of that thing called 'pelvic girdle pain' or 'pgp'... that sounds like such a geriatric ailment!! grin x

gillybeandramaqueen Fri 17-May-13 00:03:31

...if you're feeling it after sex, it might be thrush or a uti... quite common in preg as far as I believe?

HappyGoLuckyGirl Fri 17-May-13 00:07:25

I had this from around 5 months, generally all day and night. Sort of like a heavy and swollen feeling? If its accompanied by itching and or discharge then you should get treated for thrush otherwise I think its s normal pg side effect sad

27 weeks and get it too sad also happens if i'm squatting to pick up ds's toys etc - dp being a funny bugger came up behind me and patted my jyna hard with the flat of his hand* oh my bloody god it hurt! I get randomly swollen throughout the day it's a pest.

*not violently, just playing like when i grab his tinky and squeeze on passing grin

beckie90 Fri 17-May-13 09:48:09

Had this in every pregnancy after a certain point, I think its to do with the excess pressure and also extra blood flow and during sex you get even more blood flow down there. All mine becomes incredibly swollen blush

Kayshields Fri 17-May-13 10:20:04

Ah thanks for the answers at least im not the only one smile it's not thrush or an infection as ive been tested, and really it is through out the day, but it gets really worse after sex :/ ah well smile

Kayshields Fri 17-May-13 10:21:51

And yep its a heavy pressure feeling for sure

FobblyWoof Fri 17-May-13 13:28:26

I'd say it's down to blood flow. Mine felt like a hot lump of concrete from about 27 weeks onwards. The one way I found to sooth it was an ice cold flannel in the evening. I must have looked a state!

Sometimes women can get vulval varicose veins in pregnancy which is a bit more serious but still not a lot you can do

legallyblond Fri 17-May-13 13:49:03

Yup - this is increased blood flow and pressure and,if you can feel it, is probably already mild vulval varicose veins - v common and usually just disappears with childbirth. If you can see a swelling there, that's what it is. Should be better if you put your feet up or sit/lie down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now