Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

midwife couldnt find babies head... 36+5, any experiences?

(9 Posts)
babyradio Thu 16-May-13 17:55:49

As the title suggests I'm 36+5 and had an appt with midwife today, she had a feel of bump to check his position because he's been breech for weeks, and she said she can't find his head! She felt what she thought MAY be his head but it's not where it's supposed to be and she couldn't be sure. Has this ever happened to anyone?

She wanted me to be scanned today but couldn't get through to the assessment unit... but as I've got an appointment with my consultant on Monday anyway to decide between early induction and C Section/book me in for whichever, she wrote in my notes to scan me then. If she's willing to wait the weekend does that mean it's nothing to worry about or is she only waiting the weekend because the assessment unit wouldn't pick up the phone and it was easier?

Am I worrying needlessly is basically my question! Thanks in advance smile

lia66 Thu 16-May-13 17:57:54

Well I'm almost certain your baby has a head smile so he was probably just in an awkward position. He'll have moved again by Monday and all will be well.

lia66 Thu 16-May-13 17:59:11

And really she should have got someone else to come and palpate, stop you worrying all weekend.

Jollyb Thu 16-May-13 20:23:49

Nothing to worry about at all. I think it's better that she was honest rather than trying to guess. The scan is the best way to check position and can wait until you see the consultant. However if you did happen to go into labour over the weekend I would highlight sooner rather than later that there had been some uncertainty over your baby's position. Good luck

RoomForALittleOne Thu 16-May-13 20:40:09

Don't worry. If you go into labour over the weekend, they will do a quick presentation scan in the delivery room. It will take seconds and then a decision can be made. If you don't go in to labour over the weekend, it doesn't matter that you have to wait until the appointment. Yes, it's annoying but it won't change anything.

RoomForALittleOne Mon 20-May-13 19:26:08

Oh and a little prayer request... I have another glucose tolerance test in the morning so please will you pray that I keep the lucozade down and manage the test. My consultant is very keen to get the results ASAP because I'm showing lots of signs of gestational diabetes (I don't think I have it, but you never know) and it could cause the baby big problems if it is born without me being treated/diagnosed. It would be very helpful to be able to tell people that I definitely don't have GD despite making a big baby, constantly weeing glucose etc etc.

RoomForALittleOne Mon 20-May-13 19:26:31

Sorry -posted on wrong thread!

MrsSpagBol Tue 21-May-13 08:36:50

Will still pray for you flowers

RoomForALittleOne Tue 21-May-13 08:55:32

Thank-you! Lucozade is in and I don't feel nauseas so hopefully it will all be fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now