Talk

Advanced search

I'm pregnant. What now?

(18 Posts)
Madratlady Thu 16-May-13 16:40:25

I got my BFP this evening, I'm so happy but it doesn't feel real yet. DH isn't home from work yet so I can't tell him yet.

What do I do now? Do I need to make a doctor's appointment or what? I'm unsure how far along I am, probably only 2 weeks but my period last month was so light I did wonder if it was an implantation bleed, although I'm normally very light.

I'm also worried because in the past fortnight I've got quite drunk once and drunk several cans of red bull a day, and cleaned out the cat litter tray several times, all things you shouldn't do while pregnant. Should I be worried or will it be ok?

workhell Thu 16-May-13 16:43:35

Congrats. Everything will be fine. Yep, book in with the doc who will get the ball rolling.

RJM17 Thu 16-May-13 16:45:09

Congrats!! Don't worry I was absolutely rotten drunk two days before I got my positive test and I am now 14 weeks.
I would book a docs appointment to get everything started and they will tell u what else u need to do x

Madratlady Thu 16-May-13 16:47:04

Thanks [grin ]

I want DH to get home, trust him to be late the one day I have something exciting to say!

Caitycat Thu 16-May-13 16:49:50

It will be ok! Everyone does things like that before they know - I had my bfp on new year's day so you can imagine how restrained I had been in the weeks before! I also have a cat and changed her litter regularly before I knew, as long SD you always wash your hands etc the risks will be v v small. Ring your gp and ask them what happens next in my practice I never saw the doctor, just referred straight to the midwife. Mine was lovely and dealt with everything, including reassuring me about wine, cats etc. Congratulations!!

motherofsnortpigs Thu 16-May-13 16:52:23

Congratulations! Erm...I think you should work out a really cool way of telling your dh that he will remember (in a good way) forever.

WhereMyMilk Thu 16-May-13 16:56:54

Congrats!

Don't worry-I was 15 wks before I realised and got married in this time, including hen do's in London-going to Nottinghill carnival blush (leave you to imagine what was inhaled there) and a club do where I don't even remember arriving!!!!

All good-DD is 9 now!

Go to GP and they will trigger everything else.

Madratlady Thu 16-May-13 16:57:31

motherofsnortpigs You mean 'haha you have to clean the cats tray out for the next 9 months and I don't have to' isn't good enough?

To be honest I don't know how to tell him, he'll be so happy whatever I say!

motherofsnortpigs Thu 16-May-13 17:01:49

Think, woman, think!

motherofsnortpigs Thu 16-May-13 17:02:47

But getting out of the bad jobs is a definite pregnancy perk.

Madratlady Thu 16-May-13 17:06:18

I'm mostly thinking ohmygodYAY holycrapi'mgoingtohaveaBABY and other such incoherent things. I'm also wondering when the puking will start cos I'm a bit nauseous today!

I did the hpt to get the disappointment of a bfn out of the way so it wouldn't spoil my weekend. And because I felt a bit sick and light headed at work and didn't want to start thinking I was pregnant just because I wanted it so badly. I didn't expect it to be positive, we've only been trying a few months. I'm so happy. I think my brain short circuited!

chocomolic Thu 16-May-13 17:11:24

Congrats! Don't worry about what MIGHT or might NOT happen with nausea and try to eat as healthily as possible. There are theories out there that suggest morning (or all-day) sickness is due to an imbalance in nutrients...I have no idea if that's true but I followed the Patrick Holford pregnancy eating guide (it's definitely not a DIET!) and had no nausea whatsoever.

motherofsnortpigs Thu 16-May-13 20:24:46

So? What did you say? How did he react?

Madratlady Thu 16-May-13 22:58:26

He'd had a a stressful day at work so I said I had some good news and told him. He promptly stressed out about it (he doesn't handle life changing events well) even though he was really happy. I don't think it's really sunk in yet.

I just did another test which was unsurprisingly also positive grin

LittlePeaPod Fri 17-May-13 06:52:36

Congratulations. flowers. Exciting times.

Why don't you come join us on the ante natal thread.nnwe are all about the same number of weeks and due around jan 2014.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1755064-January-2014-knicker-checking-cramps-sore-boobs-sickness-hungry-sleepy-neurotic-mums-to-be-Roll-on-12-week-scan

motherofsnortpigs Fri 17-May-13 07:11:00

I'm glad he managed to be happy. My dh says the stupidest things when he's stressed.

Do join the antenatal club. The one I was in was lovely.

And Yay for a second positive test!

WakeyCakey Fri 17-May-13 16:59:20

Madrat!!! Congratulations!!
Was just browsing pregnancy in hope I'll be on here one day and here you are, we met on the TTC thread.

Good luck for a happy pregnancy!

Madratlady Fri 17-May-13 22:53:24

Thanks Wakey , see you on here soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now