Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jet2 & fit to fly letter

(6 Posts)
weebarra Thu 16-May-13 15:41:36

24 weeks pg with DC3. Holiday was booked before I became pregnant but I'm ok to fly, going out at 29 weeks and back at 32.
Did the same thing at similar gestation with DS2 and carried a letter from midwife.
This time, however we're flying Jet2 who want the letter to be from a doc, fair enough, and also to be done within 7 days of each flight!
Presumably this means I'm going to have to find a doctor in Spain who'll do a letter for me? Does anyone have any experience of this?

podgymumma Sat 18-May-13 20:52:32

Not me personally but my friend had to pay for a doctors letter whilst in Majorca as Easyjet weren't happy she was travelling back at 32 weeks.

LittlePeaPod Sun 19-May-13 06:16:40

Not come across this but I have Coe across travel insurance restrictions in pregnancy. I would check that your travel insurance company are happy for you to travel whilst pregnant. They can sometimes refuse to cover pregnant women after a certain point.

JellyCurls Sun 19-May-13 18:04:09

weebarra I am due to fly at 29 and 31 weeks to/from Spain with Zjet2. They have told me I need a doctors letter covering my flights and that my GP should be able to give me one covering me for the fortnight. Will speak to MW though and GP and see what they say

weebarra Sun 19-May-13 18:44:56

jelly curls - check the website, as I'm pretty sure they've changed the t&cs recently!

JellyCurls Mon 20-May-13 05:18:10

Thanks for the warning weebarra will have a look see

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now