Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it normal to feel freezing cold all the time when you're pregnant?

(5 Posts)
ShhhhhhhhhhhhItsASecret Thu 16-May-13 14:15:55

Everything I've read seems to suggest the opposite - that your body temperature goes up.

I've also got rather dodgy guts blush, and I thought constipation was more usual. It's v early days and I'm worrying <wibble>

I've been pregnant before but a long time ago, and can't remember this.

Fakebook Thu 16-May-13 14:21:14

I've been pregnant 7 times and with every pregnancy (viable and non viable) I've always felt freezing cold during the first months in particular. I think it's something to do with the changes in blood circulation in the body. I've never felt hot in my pregnancies and I've given birth twice with my socks on.

cakeandcustard Thu 16-May-13 14:21:46

Snap! I absolutely cannot get warm, I've been sitting on the sofa on an evening with a fleece jacket and two blankets - very weird. I also had the 'dodgy guts' for the first couple of weeks. This is my third pregnancy and seems to be completely different to the others so far .... I'm actually quite relieved you posted, I was beginning to think this wasn't normal!

ubik Thu 16-May-13 14:23:55

I've had three pregnancies and have always felt freezing cold - in winter I would wear two thick jumpers and a huge overcoat - I looked like ship in full sail grin

RunnerHasbeen Thu 16-May-13 14:25:20

First pregnancy I was boiling and DD has obviously inherited DHs high metabolism and constant body heat. Second time, freezing, this poor wee mite might be taking after me - midwife says there is nothing to worry about though, which is the main thing (I am a little disappointed, I really liked being warm for the first time in my life)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now