Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Parent education classes

(4 Posts)
afrikat Thu 16-May-13 13:51:35

I have just been sent an invite to 4 weeks of parent education classes. Has anyone been on these and what kind of stuff do they cover?

They are on Thursday mornings and my DH is unlikely to be able to attend - am I going to be the only one there alone?

StuckOnARollercoaster Thu 16-May-13 14:17:54

Depends on your area but here the free nhs ante natal classes are called Parentcraft classes and they were 4 sessions.
Just finished them and found them useful covering topics beyond just labour and birth but also feeding, early day, how to spot pnd etc.
We booked early so we could go to the evening ones, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are plenty of people that go on their own or with a mum or friend to daytime sessions.

afrikat Thu 16-May-13 15:50:31

Ah so these could be the antenatal classes?

StuckOnARollercoaster Thu 16-May-13 18:51:12

possible - only way to know for sure is give them a ring and ask for more details assuming there's a phone number on your letter, but it sounds like it to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now