Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Queasiness/weak feeling 25 weeks - normal?

(6 Posts)
Gingerbreadpixie Thu 16-May-13 13:29:14

Hi, all. For the past few days I've been having episodes of feeling quite queasy and just generally quite weak. I had a mild upset tummy this morning (I wouldn't go so far as to call it diarrhea). And I just feel rather rubbish.

I saw GP on Monday and midwife yesterday, for different things but I did mention I'd been a bit queasy. Blood pressure (taken by both), urine etc all fine. So neither thought it was anything worrying. I didn't have an upset tummy at that point though. My blood sugars have been a little unstable (I'm T1 diabetic) but nothing drastic.

So is anyone else feeling rubbish too? Or does it sound like I should call the doctor again? (though to be honest I'm not sure if there's anything she could do??)

LemonPeculiarJones Thu 16-May-13 13:37:37

I'm 24 weeks + 3 and I had a funny turn a couple of days ago: dizzy, nearly fainted, got very hot, had to lie down, would have passed out I think had DH not been shaking me gently on the leg and telling me to 'stay with him' (awww grin ).

Am still feeling so drained and exhausted. Not queasy but really rubbish.

Had tests done at the hospital and all is fine. Think I've been overdoing it.

Have you been eating ok?

I'd see how you feel tomorrow and tell the doctor if you're still feeling sick.

Gingerbreadpixie Thu 16-May-13 14:48:09

Thanks for replying lemon. I'm only working a few days a week at the moment (at work today unfortunately!) and on Monday when I was off I slept until midday, which is really unlike me. I still woke up exhausted. Maybe I am just plain old knackered?!

I think I've been eating ok. I could probably up my fruit/veg intake tbh. I have been so hungry between meals and snacking a lot (whilst trying not to send my sugars soaring!). But I feel like I'm eating plenty in terms of quantity.

What hospital tests did you have out of interest? Just to see if anything was missed.

I think I will give it another day, try to get an early night, drink plenty of water and see how I feel in the morning

Monka Thu 16-May-13 14:55:18

I have had this since 22 weeks off and on. I am now 28 weeks and had a funny turn again about 1 hr ago its low blood pressure for me. Was told to also eat a bit more and drink plenty of water and rest when feel funny. If you feel faint see if you can lie down on left side and slightly raise your feet above heart level.

LemonPeculiarJones Thu 16-May-13 15:00:45

They just did my blood pressure and checked my iron (blood test), listened to the baby to check all was well there. V basic stuff. Asked if I wanted to see the doctor (because I was obviously still so woozy) but I didn't think there was much point really, they'd checked everything they could.

My iron has dropped but was so high before that it's still high and therefore not considered a problem. But I wonder if my body is used to super-high levels and thats why I went all weak and weird?

I guess pregnancy is just an exhausting process; I was knackered throughout DS1's entire gestation.

I think I experienced a hormone surge, too - when I 'came to' I couldn't stop crying, in a sort of hormonal, don't know why I'm crying kind of a way.

They did say that from 20 weeks onwards the baby really starts to fatten up and to make sure you eat little and often, and drink lots of water - so you're approaching it perfectly!

Heathbaby Thu 16-May-13 19:49:18

Op it sounds like your instincts are telling you to ask the doctors to check you over again - everything is most likely fine but I'd say there is no harm in double checking: that's what they're there for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now