Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it bad luck? WWYD?

(7 Posts)
gertrudestein Thu 16-May-13 10:56:01

So, yesterday my mother took me shopping and we bought some stuff for the baby. For various reasons (lack of money, lack of space, not wanting to tempt fate), I have only accumulated some other small items so far. Am now 32 weeks.

We're hoping to move asap, but for the next few months we'll be in this tiny one bed flat where space is at a premium. I need to pack up all our stuff before the baby's born, so we'll spend a few weeks with the three of us living out of boxes in basically one room.

But now I have lots of big boxes of newly delivered baby stuff taking up space. Would it be bad luck to unpack the moses basket and stand, and get it ready beside the bed? I want to coo over it but it all seems a bit early to be honest .... what if I need to sell it later if something goes wrong? Am I just being silly? WWYD?

Poledra Thu 16-May-13 11:01:55

It is soooo not bad luck - having s items in your house does not dictate anything. I had my pram in the house from when I was about 6 months pg, as it was second-hand from my sister and she really needed to get rid of it!

Do it if you want to, and definitely do it if it will take up less room unpacked than packed!

NatashaBee Thu 16-May-13 11:02:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gertrudestein Thu 16-May-13 11:07:42

Thank you ladies - that's all the encouragement I need! I am going to unpack it right now ...

Yonididnaedaethat Thu 16-May-13 11:09:37

Not bad luck, with my DS I had the pram in the living room weeks before the birth so my 2 dogs could get used to it before it had a baby in itsmile

Wolfiefan Thu 16-May-13 11:11:07

I wouldn't buy or unpack anything at 8 weeks. 32? Coo away! Enjoy. All the best for the new arrival.

gertrudestein Thu 16-May-13 11:11:34

Good point, I think I need to get the moses basket ready so DP can get used to it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now