Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feel like an idiot for asking but...

(12 Posts)
madonnawhore Thu 16-May-13 10:56:00

...am I still pregnant?

I'm about 5 weeks now. Initially I had some implantation cramping - that lasted for a few weeks but seems to have eased off in the past couple of days.

My boobs are a bit sore and my tummy's a little bit bloated but apart from that I don't really have any other symptoms (apart from being a complete cow to DP for no reason!).

It sounds really stupid but now that the initial excitement of BFP has worn off and the cramping has died down, I don't feel pregnant really.

And I've started having horrible dreams about miscarrying. I'm terrified that it's my sub conscious telling me the baby has died and now I'm having all sorts of paranoid thoughts about getting to the 12 week scan and fining I've had a mmc or something.

Is it normal to not really feel very much in the early stages? And if I had a mmc would I know?

I don't know how I can possibly live with being this neurotic for another 8 months!

Lj8893 Thu 16-May-13 11:03:03

Totally normal!

I felt all of what you are feeling, and was certain I didn't have a baby anymore. I felt guilty when people around me that knew I was pregnant were talking all excitedly about it because I was certain I was going to have to disappoint them after my scan.

On the way to the scan me and dp (who I had convinced that we didn't have a baby anymore) were certain we were just on our way to find out the bad news.

Imagine my shock when there was a little baba wriggling around on the scan!!! And now I'm preparing for my 20 weeks scan in less than 4 weeks time!

Good luck smile

Yonididnaedaethat Thu 16-May-13 11:05:48

I'm 14 weeks now and if I didn't have morning sickness I would think this pregnancy is all in my head!

Your feelings are totally normal, have you thought about paying for a private early scan to put your mind at ease?

hedgehogpickle Thu 16-May-13 11:08:40

Absolutely normal! I panicked on days I didn't feel nauseous that something had happened to the baby. Must have done about 6 pregnancy tests before my 12 week scan just to check I was still pregnant smile

The first but is hard, it gets much easier to stop worrying once you get a bit of a bump and even easier once the kicking starts smile Although you'll still have episodes of irrational panic! Congratulations BTW!

hedgehogpickle Thu 16-May-13 11:10:31

but = bit!

Signet2012 Thu 16-May-13 11:12:08

I didn't have a single pregnancy symptom until I was 5 months when I started getting heartburn.

Dd is now 8 months old grin

I was convinced I wasn't pregnant until my 12 week scan! Then I worried again until my 20 week scan

MolotovCocktail Thu 16-May-13 11:19:36

When I was pg with my beautiful dd1 (now 4yo), I was convinced that the 4 pg tests I did were all wrong, as I had zero symptoms. The 12-week scan showed a perfect tiny baby. I didn't believe it till I saw, and we'd been TTC for 9 months!

Try to relax and not worry unduly smile

madonnawhore Thu 16-May-13 11:19:46

Thanks guys!

The only other time I've been pregnant it ended in miscarriage at 7 weeks so I'm going out of my mind with worry. This bit is very weird. It's all so abstract.

Fakebook Thu 16-May-13 11:21:40

Yes you are still pregnant.

It's normal to be like this. If you're unlucky and suffer from morning sickness then you'll feel very pregnant for a few weeks and then you begin feeling non-pregnant again!

I'm 15 weeks and don't feel pregnant, apart from weeing every two minutes.

MolotovCocktail Thu 16-May-13 11:28:55

Try not to compare your 1st pg loss with this one x Think positive thoughts, OP, it's most likely all going to be okay!

I agree with what wa said upthread: get yourself booked into a clinic for a private scan, if possible x

MolotovCocktail Thu 16-May-13 11:30:18

And, I know someone who lost her first pg early on and she has gone on to have 2 very healthy pregnancies and dds smile

OhGood Thu 16-May-13 11:34:33

Could have been me asking this question - asked it repeatedly with both pgs, DD is 3 and I am 33 weeks with DC2.

Yes, you are! Cogratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now