Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cocoonababy - anyone used?

(3 Posts)
islingtongirl Wed 15-May-13 22:28:14

DH is set on getting one having read rave reviews online about babies sleeping through the night from day 1, preventing colic, flathead etc. I on the other hand, am a bit more cynical and questioning whether we need this additional bit of kit, and you still need a crib to put it in! Anyone used this before and can give any thoughts, or heard about it from others? Thanks in advance!

june2013 Wed 15-May-13 22:39:33

I saw them when I was in France. It's basically a memory foam mattress. The woman in the shop - who was able to give me the best advice ever on all the questions I had (wish I had been able to buy more stuff there) - did try and sell it to me. But she said it was good for travelling, so you didn't need a travel cot, she didn't say anything about babies sleeping from day 1 or the other stuff you mention... maybe she saw I wasn't interested though so didn't push it?

Ilovestackingcups Wed 15-May-13 22:41:12

It is a lot of money.

You might get the full four months' use out of it, but consider:

1. Size of baby might not allow this. Babies grow surprisingly quickly.
2. If you are planning to breastfeed, you'll more likely end up with baby in bed with you at least some of the time. I remember it being so much easier to cosleep up to about 7 weeks
3. Baby might not take to it. Again, purely anecdotally, our DC1 was a tummy sleeper from the off, and would only sleep when rolled in towards me when cosleeping, or on her side propped up with a towel beind her back when she went into a moses basket
4. You could always wait till your baby arrives then get one if none of the above is true. Or you could fashion something similar yourselves. I can heartily recommend towels (safely applied, of course)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now