Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it normal to feel this teary?

(7 Posts)
Bippidee Wed 15-May-13 22:11:23

I know that the hormones are bonkers, but really! I was trying to shake some semblance of order into my spare room (will become nursery) and I just burst into floods of uncontrollable tears, rendering me useless.

(It's actually making me tear up again thinking about it! I have however written a list.)

Please tell me it's normal and that it goes away eventually?

june2013 Wed 15-May-13 22:49:54

Hey there - how far are you? I think everyone is different, so I'm sure many people will be along to tell you how incredibly hormonal they were at various stages.

It was worst for me between 16 and 24 weeks I think. I would cry for no real reason, but also get really angry and defensive with my husband. I am not usually like this AT ALL. I am usually very able to deal with emotions appropriately - ie. cry when I have a reason, be angry when I have a reason, be happy when it's appropriate, etc. But for a few weeks, there was no telling how I might feel.

I remember crying myself to sleep one night, having to just do whatever I could to clear my mind of anything and everything, because even the remotest thought of someone or something would tick me off. I worried I'd fall off some kind of edge...

It eventually went and I'm pretty much back to normal now (and 35weeks pg). Occasionally when I am tired or when I see babies on tv, I well up, but it's much more manageable!

It gets better - find someone who understands (those who've had babies, or ironically in my case, friends who weren't so happy I was pregnant - they were delighted I was having such a miserable time!!) and in a few days you'll be laughing about it.

Take care x

Bippidee Wed 15-May-13 23:02:17

Thanks June! I'm 22+3, and I've been fine up til the last couple of days. Reckon I'll just brazen it out then - at least it gets better grin

MrsSpagBol Wed 15-May-13 23:53:57

Beware the 31 week slump hmm

SourSweets Thu 16-May-13 02:16:27

Definitely normal. I have cried because:

I couldn't put the clothes horse up (had it upside down)

A man in a film cheated on his wife

Husband took too long to make me dinner

Missed a train

Cartoon man's cartoon wife died

Advert on telly for funeral care/RSPCA/life insurance

Etc. and I never used to cry before pregnancy! It hasn't seemed to have got any better at any stage, but I do find a good cry can actually make me feel better afterwards, so just let it out!

Gerty1002 Thu 16-May-13 08:15:20

I sobbed my heart out ALL DAY yesterday- no reason whatsoever. I'm 24+6. Poor DP didn't know what to do with me!

Bippidee Thu 16-May-13 19:07:54

Thank you for your replies. I've managed to keep it together today, despite having numpties for work colleagues. I'm going to watch the 2nd Eurovision semi final in the hope I will find a gem to make me chortle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now