Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7+4 and itchy

(8 Posts)
ladymalfoy Wed 15-May-13 21:45:42

That's it really. Itchy scalp and hands and lower legs. Tried various creams but I'm itchtastic. Is it normal?

PicklePants Wed 15-May-13 21:51:24

I don't know if it's normal but I'm itchy too! Lower legs and tummy. I'd happily sit here all night, scratching away like a dog with fleas.

Seem to remember similar when I was pregnant with DC1.

MrsMillions Wed 15-May-13 21:56:05

I started itching early on and switched to mum to be type toiletries (shower gel, cream, bubble bath). Could be psychological but haven't been itchy since, so I'm not changing back! Various brands available, I've mainly used Champneys, and if you join the Boots parenting club they're included in the 10-points-per-£ offer - sometimes with 3for2 or similar too.

islingtongirl Wed 15-May-13 22:07:04

I was horribly itchy from about 13 weeks for a few weeks - doc said just hormones/one of those things (there is a more serious cause of itchiness to do with liver function but not usual until later on) - she recommended just a plain aqueous cream, you can buy at boots etc, don't need prescription. Smells a bit, but it did help (may not on scalp though, sorry!), although I can tell you it did go away eventually for me, hope it does for you too. You have my sympathies, it drove me mad for a bit, was covered in red scratches, DH almost bought me some mittens like they put on new borns!

ladymalfoy Wed 15-May-13 22:09:18

Phew! Thanks for that. I'll check out the appropriate aisle in Boots tomorrow. Gah! Wrists and neck now. Think I'll put some cotton gloves on.

islingtongirl Wed 15-May-13 22:21:54

Oh yes my neck and chest got so itchy! I had to wear a scarf all evening when we went out for dinner once as I have scratched myself so much it looked like I had severe sunburn confused. Get yourself to boots and slather it on wink

islingtongirl Wed 15-May-13 22:23:08

*had scratched

ladymalfoy Wed 15-May-13 22:28:23

Any of you bruise easily now as well? Even if someone sneezes hard in your general direction?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now