Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3rd bout of vomitting bug/sickness in pregnancy

(5 Posts)
LittleMonster100 Wed 15-May-13 19:58:39

Am 26+3 pg with dc2. Suffered horrendous morning sickness up until 18 weeks or so (vommitting up to 5 times a day).

I now have my third bout of a vomiting bug/sickness/flu with vommitting and feel awful. Why does this keep happening to me?

I have eaten nothing today and vomited until I am now dry heaving bile. I feel awful, crying and husband is never home until he rolls in drunk as midnight. My bump really hurts and feel exhausted and in constant pain with having these vommitting bugs constantly.

I always wash my hands, practice good hygiene and eat safe in pregnancy foods, why do I still get them? I have an 18 month old dc already who goes to nursery...could it be that shes picking bugs up in nursery?

Please no harsh words...I am feeling fragile, exhausted (I work full time also) and in pain from the non stop vommitting.

LuckySocks13 Wed 15-May-13 20:05:53

Ahh little monster. No advice really just a big hug for you (((()))))

LittleMonster100 Wed 15-May-13 20:34:06

Thank you...I've managed to keep down a pear so I'm hoping the vommitting has stopped.

PseudoBadger Wed 15-May-13 21:31:23

I've had two in the last 3 weeks (am 18 weeks). You have my sympathy....

craftycottontail Wed 15-May-13 21:40:25

Aww lots of sympathy, I had a vomiting bug when I was about 25 weeks and it was HORRENDOUS. I was sick 19 times in 10 hours and had to go to A&E to get IV fluids as I got dehydrated so badly.

Make sure you drink loads (little sips of squash stay down better than water).

When you're pregnant you're just more susceptible to picking up bugs, I hadn't been off sick from work in years and this year I've been off three times hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now