Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Health visitor appointment 28 weeks

(6 Posts)
BentleyBelly Wed 15-May-13 14:27:56

I got a letter through the post yesterday with an appointment to see a health visitor when I will be 28 weeks pregnant. Is this normal? I wasn't expecting to see anyone so early, I thought they visited you after the baby is born. Do you think it might be because I have a history of depression?

BabyHMummy Wed 15-May-13 14:37:47

Hiya. Nope nothing to do with depression (i suffer too).

They have come to the realisation that turning up as a complete stranger just after u have given birth asking lots of questions and imparting info is a rubbish idea so are trying to do it before hand so u know who they are.

I was bricking it for mine the other week but she was lovely and it felt better knowing who she was etc

BentleyBelly Wed 15-May-13 16:04:03

Oh phew, thats fine then. Thank you.

Nodney Wed 15-May-13 16:10:19

My HV came last week - I'm 35 wks pregnant. She asked me about PND (I suffered with DS 1 but not DS2). She asked me if I was ready for the birth, practical stuff like babygros and nappies. She also wanted to know if I had any support for after the birth. TBH she never wrote any of this down, I just got the impression she was introducing herself and letting me know when she'd be back (2 wks after the birth). Hope this helps, and good luck with the birth!

SourSweets Wed 15-May-13 18:34:01

Oh.. I'm glad you asked this question as I had no idea they visited before the birth. Is this standard practice? Sorry to invade your thread, just curious as I am 28 weeks now

Twinklestarstwinklestars Wed 15-May-13 18:39:10

I saw mine the other week, am 31 weeks now and bumped into her at the surgery, I already have 2ds' who she is health visitor for so she just gave me the red book and said see you when baby is here! It's just to get to know them, mine is fab but unfortunately not all are so lucky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now