Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When to pack hospital bag??

(8 Posts)
babyfev Wed 15-May-13 12:52:26

Im 32 weeks with my first baby and was wondering when is best to pack my hospital bag :S

Also apart from the normal things to pack is there anything anyone can suggest packing that might come in useful.

Thank you
xx

rubyanddiamond Wed 15-May-13 13:37:15

I'm 32 weeks and have just packed mine. Maybe it's too early, but there's no harm in having it done smile

Don't know what normal things you have on your list, but first time round I packed too much and was a pain for DH to pack up quickly when I got transferred in a rush to theatre! This time I have one small bag for me and one for baby (which will stay in the car until baby is actually born).

MonstersDontCry Wed 15-May-13 13:38:49

I had mine packed around 35 weeks with my first. Although it got repacked 100 times while I was overdue for something to do grin

Apart from the obvious stuff luke pads and clothes, I would pack some sports drinks like lucozade to keep you going through labour. Good luck. smile

MonstersDontCry Wed 15-May-13 13:39:54

Agree with ruby bout having a separate bag with the baby's stuff.

mum2benicole Wed 15-May-13 13:44:30

im 25 weeks and have already packed a bag for little one im that excited hehe

babyfev Wed 15-May-13 13:45:49

That sounds like good advice to have a separate bag for baby smile

festive Wed 15-May-13 14:02:58

Did mine at 34 weeks with DC1 but at 37 weeks this time around.
I also found it useful to pack two separate bags for me and baby, also makes it lot easier for DH when you are shouting instructions at him!
As well as the usual stuff (you can find useful lists on this site and elsewhere online) I took some Flash wipes in case the facilities weren't up to my standards! A bag of change, £20 or so in one pound coins for the car park, again one less thing to stress about. Take nighties and dressing gown in dark colours and thinnish fabric, not fleece, labour and mat wards are notoriously hot like saunas!
Don't forget snacks and drinks (I also left this in a sep bag in car to begin with) and also comfy clothes / nursing clothes for afterwards.

conorsrockers Wed 15-May-13 15:09:18

Do it now. I hadn't had a chance with two of mine and its a real pain trying to explain to your DH what he needs to come back to the hospital with!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now