Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'll be 4 months pregnant should I get DP a fathers day pressie?

(31 Posts)
everythinghippie29 Wed 15-May-13 11:41:34

I've found this:

www.cafepress.com/babycore.155516563

which is just perfect and think it would be sweet to get a daddy to be card. I'm a little hesitant to buy any 'baby' things that early on though.

Am I just being superstitious and is it a cute idea, or just odd?

LoganMummy Wed 15-May-13 11:43:56

I would say no, not until baby is here. Lovely idea though!

ThedementedPenguin Wed 15-May-13 11:45:12

I think it's odd, and would wait.

harleyd Wed 15-May-13 11:52:15

i think its sweet

Mosschops30 Wed 15-May-13 11:52:33

Weird idea IMHO

You'll have years of buying crappy Father's Day presents so don't start before you have to

SavoyCabbage Wed 15-May-13 11:55:13

No as next Father's Day is going to be his first Father's Day. You don't want to take that away.

PollyPlummer Wed 15-May-13 11:55:59

I am odd and weird grin I gave dp a card and a small present - a box of chocolates that I ate too.
I don't see the problem, if you want to do it then do it. I definitely wouldn't worry about being superstitious.

alienbanana Wed 15-May-13 11:58:25

Did he get you anything for Mothers day? I know you'd have only been a few weeks.

IMO its nice to wait until the baby is actually here, so he has a proper first fathers day smile

polkadotsrock Wed 15-May-13 11:59:12

I did a preparation for birth/early days kit for DH, rescue remedy, red bull. Nothing serious, just a bit of a jokey acknowledgement.

WandaDoff Wed 15-May-13 11:59:47

I gave DP a mug that I'd had the scan pic prited on.

WandaDoff Wed 15-May-13 11:59:58

printed*

ExcuseTypos Wed 15-May-13 12:01:45

No, I wouldn't.

everythinghippie29 Wed 15-May-13 12:02:53

We are both a bit weird if I'm honest! He has chatted to baby already even though he knows it can't hear yet, so thought he might like it.

We didn't know on mother's day so no pressie for me! Doh!

He's been doing lots of work around the house because I've been so poorly with m/s but I guess instead of a fathers day gift I will get him a pressie for HIM just because! grin

BadTemperedLadybird Wed 15-May-13 12:05:30

I got DH a card and a babygrow with "I love my daddy" on it. Soppy, I know. But he loved it and so did I grin

shockedballoon Wed 15-May-13 12:12:06

I wouldn't - but I had a real 'tempting fate' thing about baby stuff all through my pregnancy, which was odd as I don't normally hold any truck with superstitious bunkum!

BraveLilBear Wed 15-May-13 12:20:32

I've been debating this too - I'll be 36 weeks then. I didn't get anything off my DP on mother's day, but got a lovely 'for the mum to be' card from his son (nearly 11) and my mum also sent me a mother's day card from the baby - we'd just had 20 week scan and she got it printed on there and signed it from Baby Bear.

I was toying the idea of a cute babygro from Baby for my DP on father's day but don't know if he'd think that sweet or weird (can be hard to call). At least I won't be depriving him of his first father's day if I do - he's been having them for 10 years!

hmm

massagegirl Wed 15-May-13 12:31:00

I picked up a card the other day as baby due two weeks before Father's Day and then put it back as felt to wierd. But it is totally up to you!

craftycottontail Wed 15-May-13 12:36:27

I wouldn't, but then I disagree with the whole being obliged to tell my mum/dad they're great when greetings card companies dictate it. It feels fake!

Franykins Wed 15-May-13 12:37:13

IMHO I wouldn't (and won't) I think all this 'Love from bump' people put at the end of cards and stuff a bit weird and personally feel it takes something away from when baby is here. I can see what BraveLilBear is saying though as this is my first but DP 3rd. I will be getting him a card and present from His 2 DS's but won't be adding bump or anything. I am however only 11+2.

Having said that I think its a personal opinion and if you want to do it and think DP will like it then that's up to you smile

Choccywoccydodah Wed 15-May-13 12:38:56

No, I wouldn't. If you do want to do something, just write happy Father's Day on your bump smile

StuckOnARollercoaster Wed 15-May-13 12:49:27

Surely this is a personal choice and if it suits you both to do this kind of thing then just do it!
If you are canvasing opinion then we fall into the definitely not camp, a bit too 'cutesy' for us. I'm due the day before and even if little one is on time or early then I just don't think I'll bother... I'm looking forward to baby being 2 or 3 and getting him or her to paint a splodge for a card or help with making a cake or some buns that will get lovingly presented. (I'm not a good card shop customer!)

FunnysInLaJardin Wed 15-May-13 12:51:27

I wouldn't as I would think I was tempting fate. Same as giving the baby a name before it is born

BraveLilBear Wed 15-May-13 12:57:19

Choccy that's a fab idea - I may opt for that instead...

amothersplaceisinthewrong Wed 15-May-13 12:58:50

No,

Jollyb Wed 15-May-13 13:09:58

Only you can say. I wouldn't because I'm superstitious and my DP wouldn't really appreciate it .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now