Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

constant headache for 4 days & back pain

(3 Posts)
IAteTheCake Wed 15-May-13 07:51:36

I am having really bad back problems, not enough sleep due to discomfort & dd aged 2 waking in the night. I have had a headache for 4 days and am 25+2. Saw gp last week and bp ok. Saw chiropractor who said it could be diverted pain or tiredness. Other than paracetamol which I am not keen on taking every day any tips on how to stop the headache? It is at the front and sides of my head. I am drinking lots of water and using cold flannel on forehead when possible and not at work. Still working full time but work have agreed 2 days from home due to commute and back pain due to spd, pelvis out of line and problem with sacroiliac joint.....using biofreeze for back....I feel awful :-(

Rockchick1984 Wed 15-May-13 08:32:01

My GP said those 4head sticks are fine to use during pregnancy, it actually helped a lot more than I expected it to if I had a bad headache so may be worth trying that? Also, if you are having disturbed sleep anyway, can't your DH/DP deal with your DD when she wakes so at least you have one less reason to wake up?

If DD is in childcare could you take a day off work to try and catch up on some sleep, either sick day or holiday? Even if you don't sleep a lot, a day of resting would probably do you the world of good!

Smerlin Wed 15-May-13 09:00:20

Try the cold headache patches that you stick on your forehead. Can buy them from Boots or the supermarket.

They take the edge off when I get a really bad headache when painkillers don't touch it.

Obviously can only use those at home but a mentholated stick is good for when at work.

Also I try to ensure there is no TV on, bright lights, computers etc as that all aggravates it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now