Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

3rd trimester prep for labour

(3 Posts)
Longfufu Wed 15-May-13 07:45:59

Hi, current pg with DS 2 so I should remember what prep I should be doing as DS1 is Only 27 months but can someone jog my memory.

I know about raspberry lead tea, but how many tablets do you take daily?

I have an inverted nipple so Will get some breast shells to help draw nipple out.

Anything else? Anything that Will aid a speedy labour (ds 1 was 3 days then emcs). So I'll try anything to help with my planned vbac.

Thanks.

CallTheDoula Wed 15-May-13 15:47:40

Hello, as regards what helps labour progress and what doesn't, hormones & the environment are key. There's a great article by Dr Sarah Buckley on my website (www.callthedoula.com) which explains it all beautifully. NOT clock-watching will help and being able to labour in your own time - women need to feel safe & unobserved during labour & birth. Basically the same environment as most people would prefer during sex which probably wouldn't go so well if you were in a brightly lit room with strangers coming in and out, talking loudly, watching you and commenting on your progress! So, not suggesting anything you need to 'get' now but hopefully helpful and food for thought.

Longfufu Thu 16-May-13 08:05:36

Thanks Call my consultant wants me to be monitored constantly through labour which im not 100% keen on as I'd heard that a quiet dark place was best to keep you relaxed and let labour progress but I also don't want to put myself or the baby at risk.

I'm meeting with him next week so will discuss.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: